Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 23 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
650 Posts
I've noticed that a lot of folks with V8's use the passenger side bank. I don't know if it's because there's less stuff on that side, such as clutch linkage, steering components, etc. Never saw a reason why the passenger side is used more often. From what I understand, either side is good if not using dual O2 sensors.
Oh yeah! Now that I think about that....was kind of a silly-dumb question on my part. WAY less crowded on the passenger. Especially with power steering + A/C going on. :unsure::)

·
Registered
842 Posts
If you want to and I have done it many times put a bung in each side and tune it on one side then switch to the other side and compare...

·
Registered
650 Posts
If you want to and I have done it many times put a bung in each side and tune it on one side then switch to the other side and compare...
I thought about that! Kind of overkill-ish though. Usually if you have an idle screw on each side as I do they are the same or very tiny. Have to adjust the other side to idle smoothly to the rhythm of the motor. But I'll see how much extra that will cost.

But independently of which AFR I go with is there a rule of thumb as to how many inches down to put the bungs? I probably won't have the sensor before the exhaust is done.

21 - 23 of 23 Posts