Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1966 Fastback
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my seats upholstered and they look great. Having taken my bottom seat cushion out over 2 years ago, prepping for paint, I have a question about how it goes back in. Does the top/back rod on the back of the seat cushion (red arrows) go under or slide on top of the clip on the seat pan (green arrows)? Seems like it would go under to hold the cushion to the floor, but I seem to recall it sitting on top and I've tried putting the seat cushion in with it under the clip and I cannot get the bottom front to pop in. I should have taken better pictures and notes.

Furniture Office chair Automotive tire Chair Comfort
Furniture Chair Comfort Armrest Gas
Automotive design Font Gas Tints and shades Personal luxury car
Tire Automotive tire Black Wheel Fashion

·
Registered
1966 Fastback
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
UNDER the clip....from the rear. It needs to go over the top of the clip, then down, and let is "spring back forward".
At the front I know it needs to go over the top of the clip and then down as you stated but at the back of the seat right above the floor pan reinforcement for the dual exhaust (green arrows in third photo) there are 2 "fingers" on each side. Do the slots in the rod at the back of the seat (red arrows) go under these fingers (I believe they do) or set on the top of these fingers right above the cutout in the vinyl? I had it under those back clips but could not for the life of me get the front to pop into place. Thanks again for verifying this.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
The two slots circled, the fingers as you called them go under the sots in the seat that I circled first. Then over the brackets in the front. As woodchuck said you will need to sometimes really push the bottom of the seat to get it over the bracket and hooked in..
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Product Automotive design

1 - 8 of 8 Posts