Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can't seem to reinstall my ignition switch in my 65. I have watched every youtube video but seem to be missing something.
My 65 has factory air so going from the dash bottom is out so I partially pulled console.
I slide the spacer on the swith , put the bezel in the dash push from the back but it just won't mate up and lock in.
I checked it to see if they would work out the car and they mated up ok.
Any ideas.
And
Merry Christmas 2019

·
Registered
1,031 Posts
As I recall, one nub is larger than the other, so it's keyed. Try rotating the ignition switch 180 degrees and reinsert into the bezel.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
971 Posts
I agree with Houston. I don't remember for sure but I think there's a tab on the switch that fits into a slot in the dash cutout. If so, and it's not lining up, you may have to just rotate the bezel 180*,

·
Registered
468 Posts
I just install one in my 65 a couple of months ago. It wasn't easy and took about a 1/2 hr of struggling to finally get it secured - I was swearing the whole time and I hope I won't have to that again for a long time. Keep at it you will get it eventually

·
Registered
22 Posts
I just did one two weeks ago as others have posted make sure the two nubs are lined up correctly. I really do not see how anyone can get at the switch from underneath. I pulled my instrument cluster and from the top made it a whole lot easier

1 - 5 of 5 Posts