Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will be dropping a car off at the transport terminal Friday. I have asked the transport company about their insurance coverage (available for a fee) and was told the car would be covered after a $100 deductible. Exactly what does that mean besides the obvious ($100 ded.). If the car were to be totally destroyed, will the purchased insurance pay the book value of the car or the price I paid for it? I talked to my insurance agent and he told me to look at their policy for a value clause. What is a value clause?

My regular auto insurance will cover the car for 30 days (some kind of "pass-thru" clause). They will only pay the "book value" of the car (who knows what that would be). Would the transporter's insurance cover the difference between what I paid for the car and the amount paid by my regular insuranace co?

I just want to make sure my "investment" is covered.

How did others handle the insurance of cars being shipped?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
When I shipped my 66 (several times) I had an agreed value. It cost extra but IMHO worth it.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Does that mean if your car was destroyed (totaled) that you have received a set amount for the car?

·
Registered
2,611 Posts
Yes, It was via a moving van. If the value was not stated then value would have been set on a per pound basis.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts