Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone recommend an insurance appraiser in the bay area?

I've just finished the interior and detailing the engine (pics coming soon) so I need to get proof for my rip off insurance company!

Thanks

Shaun

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Is this car a daily driver or just a weekender. Unless the car is being valued over 25K, Hagerty Ins. does not need it appraised. They just ask for a picture of the stang and your daily driver. Their prices, I think are excellent and the service was very good.

1966 Red Conv (200)
1966 White Pony Int.(289)A Code
1966 Coupe (289) C Code
MCA 36048

·
Vendor
5,287 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Although this car is not a daily driver and is only driven on sunny days to shows etc, Haegerty won't touch it as each driver in your household must have a second car. It's just my wife and I, she has a Focus, I take the bus to work.

I've tried all the classic insurance places their all the same. I'm stuck with Allstate paying $800 a year for my baby to do 2000-3000 miles a year! Their the best price I've found!

I need to prove the value to Allstate as they have no clue about classic cars. They've told me that they will treat it as a 1966 Ford. We all know that a 1966 car can be worth a huge range of prices. I like to think mine is at the higher end as I've done a ton of work!

Thanks

Shaun

·
Registered
655 Posts
I would also be interested in getting a car appraised in the bay area. I currently have them all covered through Farmers as "weekend" drivers, but the cars are probably very under valued. I pay just under $400 a year for each.

69 Fastback <== Still Not Complete After 4 Years
66 Fastback 6cyl, 3 speed <== Collecting Parts for a 5.0 EFI conversion

·
Registered
219 Posts
Take it to Rod @ Mustang Ranch and get a real Mustang appraisal done on it. My 1968 CS/GT is my
daily driver and AAA accepted his appraisal for a stated value policy.

http://www.mustangranch.org/

1 - 5 of 5 Posts