Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for classic car insurance for my 65 FB restomod. Plan on driving it...not as much as a daily driver but far more than for shows or parades only. Plan on agreed value policy. Reside in Hawaii in a condo having a parking deck but not a fully enclosed and locked parking garage. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
198 Posts
I guess it depends on whether or not they ask that question specifically. Hagerty has never asked me to describe where the vehicle is parked / hence how safe it may be. Mine is agreed value.

Reactions: eclecticdriver

·
Premium Member
5,323 Posts
You need to read the fine print on the policy. In Georgia you can be told anything....it's in writing what counts.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I guess it depends on whether or not they ask that question specifically. Hagerty has never asked me to describe where the vehicle is parked / hence how safe it may be. Mine is agreed value.
Inquired at Condon Skelly and they list the parking requirement (they don't operate in Hawaii) Their sister company American Collectors does but has the same parking requirement.

·
Registered
2,468 Posts
So the dog-house is good!!!!! lmao
You mean the place I go to when I’ve spent too much on the tool truck or at NPD?...

Reside in Hawaii in a condo having a parking deck but not a fully enclosed and locked parking garage. Any suggestions?
When you get your quote tell them. With Hagerty they want and will ask if you have a private, secure, enclosed space in which to store the car. They’ll note what you told them when they issue the policy. They say on the site if you don’t have that they will review on a case by case basis.

·
Registered
214 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I would ask the insurance company up front as well. It's too late after damage occurs.
Yes, definitely planning to be totally upfront with them with not just my parking situation but with use, miles, agreed value, etc. Hagerty does indeed ask you to specify parking situation but also allows you to discuss with them. Others are a hard no if you don't have secured parking.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts