Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
9,396 Posts
I got my 2 classics covered under my household policy, really inexpensive.
Dude, I hope for your sake you have an "agreed value" set for those cars. Otherwise, your homeowner's policy won't give you enough to buy the tires. If you do have an agreed value, cool. :) I'll repeat what I always say on this subject. Every time I've talked to someone who lost a classic car insured with anyone other than a classic car insurer, they got completely hosed. "Oh, that's a really old car. It doesn't have any value. But since we've been collecting premiums from you all these years, here's a token amount."

I'm with Hagerty. I really like them. I have yet to have to file a claim, but their customer service is great, the rates are very reasonable and I even like the magazine they send me. (The latest issue has an article about Trans Am racing.)

Be aware that in order to get classic car insurance, your Mustang cannot be your daily driver and it must be garaged. If you can't check both those boxes, you're out of luck.

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I've had American Collectors Insurance for 15 years or so. Agreed value and very reasonable.

·
Registered
930 Posts
I'm with Heacock classic car insurance and have been for 13 years with both our 67 and 69 Mustangs. Have agreed value for both 'stangs.And the premiums for both are very reasonable.

They are also a proud sponsor to the MCA(Mustang Club of America).

·
Registered
210 Posts
Hagerty!! Had to file a claim once. Hagerty was amazing to work with. I highly recommend!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I've had American Collectors Insurance for 15 years or so. Agreed value and very reasonable.

I have American Collectors as well, through USAA. I am in the process of a claim right now so we shall see how it goes but so far so good.

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I use foremost, underwriter for classics that farmers uses. $350/yr for 30k in coverage. Limited to shows and getting mechanical work.

·
Registered
195 Posts
USAA, as a daily driver. I don't think anyone has posted this yet: you have to have a secure (LOCKED) storage spot for the car in order to qualify for classic car insurance. Seeing as (a) I want to drive the car occasionally to work and (b) the shed was only half built before snow set in for the winter I don't meet either.

I have read other posts where people say if you go for regular insurance document, document, document (photos up the wazzoo); and get a yearly valuation done by an independent consultant.

·
Registered
721 Posts
Dude, I hope for your sake you have an "agreed value" set for those cars. Otherwise, your homeowner's policy won't give you enough to buy the tires. If you do have an agreed value, cool.
Well said. I would go one step further. On a "regular" insurance policy the Agreed Value is still up for debate *after the fact* if you have a claim. I found this out when I started asking questions. In other words, I was paying premiums against X value on my 1968 GT, but if something were to happen they would then get to rethink the previously agreed-upon value. It was a scary notion.

I'm now with Zehr, they came highly recommended by a few friends. It's cheaper than my old policy and guarantees the value. As with most old-car policies, I can't go shopping or to work with my car, unless it's a one-time thing that I clear with the agent (in writing of course!) Not that I take my car to the mall anyway.

·
Registered
12,041 Posts
I just picked up Zehr insurance today as well.. I need to get this car on the road (at least around the block!) so I can see if it will run.. haha

1 - 20 of 20 Posts