Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will an edelbrock 600 cfm carb work on an offenhauser intake on 5.0 liter? Does it require a spacer? If so what is the best kind to use. Thanks

·
Registered
5,079 Posts
You should be thinking about a cam too.

·
Registered
3,570 Posts
600 cfm for the stock cam? A F303 cam with that setup worked really well for me.

·
Registered
170 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The block is from a 91 mustang. The previous owner had a 750 Holley on it with the offenhauser intake. I believe the cam is stock. Would I be better off with a 500 edelbrock or is the 600 ok? I know the 750 was to big for an every day driver.

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
A 600 is fine for a 302.....lotta folks will tell you get a 500; I can only assume a lot of folks mess up the settings on a carb since the 600's Ive used have been very responsive out of the box on a dead stock 302.

A spacer is not required.

An edelbrock 600 will probably run nicely out of the box. A holley 600 vacuum secondaries is almost as likely to run fine out of the box and make more power but frequently requires a little more attention on occasion.

·
Registered
315 Posts
Ditto on the 600 Holley! Its perfect on my mild 302, jetted down a little. Havent had to touch the carb for almost 5 years. I am sure youll be happy with the 600 edelbrock too! (Dont do 500 cfm, just my opinion...)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts