Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 302 long block from a local builder. The block is from a 68 but the heads are newer heads with the emission stuff pluged. I am putting an Edlebrock Performer intake on it. 2 questions. FIRST: It says I can use FelPro Printoseal gaskets. The engine did come with the FelPro gasket set, but I do not know if they are Printoseal. How do I tell? SECOND: Because they are newer heads, In the center of the head there is a hole close to the top between the two bolt holes (Sorry no pics). I know the one towards the bottom is needed. What is the one at the top? The gaskets do not cover them. What are they? And what do I do with them?

Thanks

·
Registered
886 Posts
Printoseal 1250

http://static.summitracing.com/global/images/prod/large/fpp-20-1250.jpg

Are you talking about the holes between the two center exhaust ports, right in the middle of the gasket? If so, that's probably the passage that helps warm up the intake manifold quicker. A lot of people just plug that that with the gasket plugs that fit in there, especially if they don't drive in the cold. That's what I did.

Without pictures though, I'm not positive on that.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The hole I believe you are talking about is towards the middle of the head. This one is abouve that.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was told it is the EGR passage. What do I do with it? Do I plug it or leave it? The builder did tell me that he pluged the EGR stuff because it was an early 302 with newer heads. Does that mean they serve no purpose?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts