Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

161 - 169 of 169 Posts

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
In responding to your PM. You must be good at search to dig up my past! I bought a universal straight racing throttle cable setup from Summit and added the bends, shortened and rethreaded the normal threaded end, don't cut off the reverse threaded end! I have moved on to a cable throttle t5z and multi port fuel injection so if you want my old linkage send me another PM and you can have it for whatever a USPS flat rate box goes for these days.

·
Premium Member
13,527 Posts
It looks like there is a threaded adjustment on the end of the transmission kickdown rod that attaches to the bellcrank. If you lengthen that adjuster it will move the vertical portion of the bellcrank closer to the lateral section of the throttle rod.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #164 ·
Update: It is all put back together so lets hope it starts. Not happy with the looks of the messy spark plug wire set up, and not happy with the purchase. NKG website and box both state the wires are numbered, nope, not unless I am totally blind. Additionally, all but two of the wires are the same length, maybe that is standard, don't know. I am ready to attempt to start it, but a little apprehensive. If anyone sees anything that looks off, chime in.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Oil is most important. The transmission kick down linkage looks familiar.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #166 ·
Thank you. Forgive me for forgetting to thank everyone on this forum for assisting, and also special thanks to Nailbender for sending me the accelerator rod, and also special thanks to awhtx for answering my hundreds of questions.

·
Registered
5,260 Posts
Due diligence! Move slow and check your work!

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #168 ·
Hah, this whole thing has been slow, can't get much slower. I have a neighbor who supposedly built race car motors years ago. He spotted me in my garage while he was walking and volunteered to help when I got ready to start it. That is what I need, someone to diagnose if I cant get it started.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #169 ·
Update, it starts, but seems difficult, and seems tight. I put this on another conversation in case everyone was tired of this post. Any thoughts, timing etc?

161 - 169 of 169 Posts