Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
howdy all! ran into a bit of a problem when i was reassemblying my '69 351W...i recently had the Edelbrock RPM aluminum heads installed on the engine while it was in the shop...when i got it back, iwent to install the stock cast metal 351W intake manifold on the new block...one thing i noticed different from the stock 351W heads was that the intake man. originally used 16 bolts; however, with the new RPM heads, only 12 bolts were used. the other 4 bolts used to thread into the water passages in the old heads...now since the new heads don't have threads in the water passages, theres a direct opening from the water passages up thru the intake...any recomendations on how to seal off the fountains that will be spurting out of the intake manifold?

thanks!
paul

·
Registered
6,630 Posts
you got some nice aftermarket heads but your sticking with the stock intake? hrmmmmm..

·
Administrator
19,305 Posts
As Shagg alluded to, the quickest and easiest solution would be a nice new performance intake of your choice. Almost all of them are 12 bolts. The only 16 bolt aftermarket manifold I've ever found is the old Weiand Stealth.
Feed those nice new heads through a nice new manifold. If you insist on a stock manifold, you'll need to hunt down a later model that used the 12 bolt setup.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts