Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bead blasted my intake the other night. Now that's its all nice and clean, is there anything I can spray on it to keep it that way? I've used Eastwood satin clear for other things. Anyone have any suggestions?

Attachments

·
Registered
183 Posts
I would use a "Matt" clear.. could look a bit weird in gloss clear.. (if you can get Matt that will handle the heat)

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Ceramic coating? Not sure if Powder coating will do, due to the temps. I think powder temps are approx. 400 to 500º. These are the only two sure methods. I had mine ceramic coating over 12 years ago. It's still in the "pink" of perfection. These were taken a minutes ago.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
I had an intake powder coated. Back in 2002. Still looks good. Heat riser is blocked off though, don’t think it would last if it wasn’t. Elsewise, on a couple new aluminum intakes I‘ve used KBS Matt Clear, it’s held up well to gas and oil. Think the Eastwood stuff is from that company. Same though with the riser block off...

·
Registered
555 Posts
Interesting thread. I've never coated one with anything. Just try to keep stuff from leaking and clean it up when it does. Biggest mess is cooked on rodents. They make a mess. Considered posting a picture but does anyone really want to see that? maybe as an attachment.... The picture is 13 years after the motor was put together but the car is not driven as much as it should be. Warning! It's not a mustang.

Attachments

·
Registered
445 Posts
Hope you taped over the carb area and the ports cause that blasting material can get embedded in the aluminum and get loose after its installed and take out the rings..If not you better clean it really really good...

·
Registered
6,505 Posts
Interesting thread. I've never coated one with anything. Just try to keep stuff from leaking and clean it up when it does. Biggest mess is cooked on rodents. They make a mess. Considered posting a picture but does anyone really want to see that? maybe as an attachment.... The picture is 13 years after the motor was put together but the car is not driven as much as it should be. Warning! It's not a mustang.
Hmm, looks like that little mechanic fell asleep on the job LOL!.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts