Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10,413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first glance, the article seemed like a panacea for power steering ills on vintage Mustangs. However, reading furthur, the article was about a prototype unit and future. It seems like a great idea, but the article would have been better if the writer had waited for a finished product to conduct a review of the unit actually in a running car. "In time, you'll be able to purchase a new power steering gear from ABS." "ABS Power Brakes provides an adapter for this kit. We ran into fitment issues but is was undergoing furthur development at press time." "Solid shaft applications get this universal joint which was being refined at press time." "ABS Power Brakes is developing its own integral power steering gear to eliminate the need for remanufactured cores."

Not meaning to pan a product for which I have scant knowledge, it reminds one of another company that came out with a rack that wasn't fully tested
Will look forward to seeing an article with a fully developed and tested product in a running driving car.

You're a good guy, Jim, but your article should have been with a finished product, ready to be purchased. Opinion.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Yea, that upgrade will be a godsend IF it pans out. I'm at my wits end with the stock set-up and I really don't want to fool around with the expensive R&P systems.

·
Registered
763 Posts
I'll hold out on my power steering conversion to see how this piece works out...

·
Registered
3,900 Posts
I was a little surprised at this also. I agree that it should have been done with a finished , ready to go product. I would be interested if they get it perfected.

Joe

1 - 4 of 4 Posts