Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the November issue of Mustang Monthly magazine, page 30, there's an interesting article on an integral p/s box for early Mustangs. This replaces all the leaky parts under the car, leaving only the p/s pump and the steering box. It's made by ABS Power Brake in southern California and I'm curious if anyone has installed one and how it worked out, pros and cons, etc. Thanks, Evans

·
Registered
136 Posts
ABS is my customer and I own one - I think I have the prototype.

The production unit will have a purpose built casting that will bolt in without the adaptor plate. These will be all new units with all new parts made at ABS in Orange, CA.

My car, however, is not road worthy right now.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
From your post, it sounds like ABS doesn't have their new unit on the market yet. Any idea when it will be available? Thanks, Evans

·
Registered
136 Posts
Four months till they have their casting. I'll be driving my car by then and give a trip report.

·
Registered
915 Posts
I read that article very informative. I like the idea of getting away from the ram.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
Hooray! My dad's '65 Mustang has the power ram garbage and I intensely hate it. More so since no aftermarket supplier can make hoses that are 100% correct. So it leaks a lot - even rebuilt.

I hope they bring the integral power steering box to market. I may sneak that into my dad's Mustang so I won't have to worry about another hose busting and him loosing power steering when he leasts expects it.

Dean T

·
Registered
1,657 Posts
CraigMBA said:
ABS is my customer and I own one - I think I have the prototype.

The production unit will have a purpose built casting that will bolt in without the adaptor plate. These will be all new units with all new parts made at ABS in Orange, CA.

My car, however, is not road worthy right now.

where can i buy one ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts