Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Interesting Early 60's Ford I've never seen Before

1K views 18 replies 17 participants last post by  lleno 
#1 ·
See less See more
#2 ·
Interesting...
According to this Link from Wikipedia, it could be a pretty rare car.

#5 ·
Not a bad looking car, never heard of them before.

#6 ·
hey, the Ebay car is in my town!! I may try to go over and look it over. Not particularly attractive in my eyes, but I do like the roof line.

SamG

#7 ·
Capris were made in Europe and sold by Mercury dealers. Every one I remember had a four-cylinder engine. There were a few sporty models but I don't remember seeing one like that. I'll bet it is a model that wasn't normally imported into the US. Would be a great car with a 5.0!

#8 ·
Never saw one of those before, I remember the Capri's from the 70's.

#9 ·
That's what threw me for a loop. I've pretty much known every single car that has been made since the invetntion of the automobile. I'm just surprised that there was any car that I did not know about!

#10 ·
That would make one heck of a street rod! If I was closer and had more garage space I may pick it up. That could be really cool but really expensive to build.

#14 ·
They follow the similar lines of a FORD CORTINA.
There is a guy here in Ramona that has three of them.
Of course rust free.

#17 ·
I bought a new 1974 Capri with a 2800 CC V-6 and 4spd. I decided on the Capri instead of a new Mustang II as it seemed more like a "smaller" Mustang than did the Mustang IIs.

#19 ·
I owned a 1973 capri, v-6 4 spd. I drove it form cal. to nj. The rear axle came out[with tire and rim attached] while I was doing 65 or so in san jose, and flew by me and slammed into the shoulder. besides that it was a cool car.....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.