Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
771 Posts
I have seen those before i think they were made in Australia, It reminds me of a mix between a Torino and a Mustang! very interesting car!

·
Premium Member
411 Posts
Yeah, they're Australian Falcons. For atleast the last 2 years there has been a small but growing group of them showing up at Ford Carlisle. Very interesting cars IMHO. The car Mad Max drove was based on one of these (heavily modified).

SprintCC

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
There is a guy with one of these that shows up at the local Cruise nights. I dismissed it at first but then I noticed it was right hand drive. I'll try to snag a few pics next time I see it.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Those are cool cars, and that one is a great example. Is the knife mounted under the fender* an option or does it come standard?

(*Road Warrior reference)

G

·
0 Posts
I was seriously shopping for one of these a few months ago. I decieded to wait because I didn't want to sell my torino. They are becoming popular. They were the most bad ass car in Austraila when they were released.

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Wow there's a bunch of them on the collectorcartrader site. Very cool cars. There's even a Cobra version:
http://www.bluestang.com/users/timbeam/pics/ausiefalcon.jpg
There's a Ranchero version too, the Aussie's call it a "UTE" as in Utility Vehicle.

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
yes they are interesting car i have owned 2 of them in the past a 76 xb 351 ho with 9 inch lsd 4 wheel discs a pleasure to drive.regards javed

·
Registered
419 Posts
The Aussies had some very twisted cars downunder. Like Aussie Falcon four doors with hipo 351 Clevelands, four speed, and 140 mph top end. Four door cars in the states were Granny cars. Downunder they were the Muscle cars.

I'm not sure I could shift left handed, but I'd love to own a piece of Aussie Ford History!

Jeff

G

·
0 Posts
US$21K !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Man, you could buy ten of those (or 5 in really good condition) over here for that.
Then again, we pay a lot for a basic mustang in need of work, so I guess it evens out. Have a look here if you're interested:
www.justmustangs.com.au

1 - 11 of 11 Posts