Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1967 Convertible
676 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

So I was watching Restoration Garage on Motor Trend/Velocity/Whatevertheycall it. If you haven't watched the show it's the Canadian place with very interesting cars. He's the one with no fashion sense and the wife who I think has never even touched him. But I digress.

In the latest episodes they are visiting France and a vintage rally and race. I caught a couple views of this car during the show and tried to track down more about it. From what I can tell it's not a real Shelby, it certainly doesn't have the hood or nose of a Shelby. And it has the stock taillights.

I contacted the shop (Classic Auto Restor) via Facebook, let's see if they respond to me in English. :unsure:

I'm especially interested in how they did the driving lights.

Is that a Boss 302 hood scoop?

I'm sorely temped to do something like this but without the Shelby emblems. I think that's a little much.

·
Premium Member
13,183 Posts
There's a guy from Belgium (as I recall) who drops in here on VMF once every 10 or 15 years. He is the expert on European Shelbys.

That scoop is what I refer to as the '69 Mach 1 scoop. It was used on other cars such as the Torino and base model Mustangs but it is most commonly seen on the '69 and '70 M1. It was non-functional. The '69 B2 had no hood scoop at all. In '70 the Shaker was optional on the B2. The '69 and '70 B9 had a standard scoop that was similar in shape to the M1 scoop but was at least 50% larger.

I DuckDuckGo'd "European Shelby Mustang" and this page from CJPP's website was one of the hits. I'm pretty sure this Claude Dubois is the guy who visits this site at least once per decade.

·
Registered
10,328 Posts
That looks like a regular '69 convertible with some Shelby quarter brake scoops and emblems tacked onto it.

As @awhtx noted, the scoop was used on many, many vehicles.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts