Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
19,313 Posts
And for people who don't have or use Facebook....?

·
Registered
1,446 Posts
Apparently the seller and I have different definitions of a long block. And $275! ? for block, heads and pan? Sheesh.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Price a new one, RPM. I've got a 280Z project car that I haven't touched in years. Fabbed a V8 engine cradle for it. Thought about one of these to move that along easier. But then of course, some jerk stole my hood, fender, transmission and parts car, so........

·
Registered
8,981 Posts
We bought a bunch of those when I worked at Canton. They are great for show displays, mock ups, stuff like that. Sure is a lot easier on the back after a long show than pushing a 500lb lump of iron into a crate or trailer. They are intended for a specific market and not Joe Beer Can's garage.

·
Registered
2,514 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
When I was considering getting one my thought was, use it and then sell it for as much as I can to offset the original price. I would imagine that's what the seller is doing.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts
I always thought it would be funny to build an electric pony car and put one of those in it like a model kit.

·
Administrator
19,313 Posts
I could see it for myself if I wanted by jacking my wife's account. I was trying to gently point out that a lot of members do not use much social media outside of this forum and have difficulties looking at things you have to have an account or be registered to access. Thanks for the pictures guys.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I could see it for myself if I wanted by jacking my wife's account. I was trying to gently point out that a lot of members do not use much social media outside of this forum and have difficulties looking at things you have to have an account or be registered to access. Thanks for the pictures guys.
I don't have a facebook account and I could see the pics just fine when I clicked the link.

·
Registered
4,284 Posts

Stay away from facebook marketplace. It's ridiculously addictive.

There's so many good vintage cars in our area. And it sends me notifications for new listings based on what I look at. So I get a lot of notifications for early F100s, C10s, Firebirds, Mustangs, and Jeeps (interested in picking up a TJ after the garage is done).

·
Administrator
19,313 Posts
I don't have a facebook account and I could see the pics just fine when I clicked the link.
I clicked it earlier on my work laptop and it didn't work for me. Once home and on the PC my wife uses sometimes the link came right up, even though she wasn't currently logged into Facebook. My son likes to text me links to stuff on Facebook that I can never see on my Android phone, all I get is the Facebook login page. So it's kind of hit or miss depending on what exactly you are trying to access it from apparently. VMF members get on the forum via a very broad spectrum of hardware and software, so who knows who can see what?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts