Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where is the interior code located? I've broken down the VIN but I want to know what interior was original in my car.

·
Registered
288 Posts
If you order up a Marti report, you will be able to tell all sorts of cool facts about your car specifically. Interior, exterior colors / styles as well as options and build dates.

·
Registered
3,681 Posts
If you order up a Marti report, you will be able to tell all sorts of cool facts about your car specifically. Interior, exterior colors / styles as well as options and build dates.
Assuming the OP has a 67 or later.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
More info

I'm sorry I didn't give enough information. I've got a 68 coupe, 6 cylinder, automatic, power steering. I don't have door tags. The previous owner had removed all the interior and had the seats covered in NON Mustang colors so I have nothing to go on. Thanks for any help.

·
Premium Member
5,707 Posts
I'm sorry I didn't give enough information. I've got a 68 coupe, 6 cylinder, automatic, power steering. I don't have door tags. The previous owner had removed all the interior and had the seats covered in NON Mustang colors so I have nothing to go on. Thanks for any help.
As already suggested, www.martiauto.com (Get the "Deluxe" report.) You'll find out that, and more. :smile2:

·
Registered
1,559 Posts
Where was the car built? Does it have the buck tag under the hood? The interior code should be on that too.

Not all of the plants bothered with the buck tag, so it may or may not be there, but if it is then you can use that to get what you need. If your car has one it'll be just screwed into the top of the fender under the hood back by the driver's side hinge.

You could also try digging around the interior to find the build sheet, but that's another thing that some plants did and some didn't so you might never find one.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts