Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need input; I have a 1969 Mustang Conv that has parchment color interior. Components that are parchment: Seats, console, door panels, arm rests, rear qtr. trim, boot cover
Color of other interior components: Carpet, kick panels, seat belts are Aqua. Dash pad is black but it's not the original. Previous owner bought it with black pad.
My reason for parchment; A parchment dash pad would look very stylish with the woodgrain dash.

Question: Did Ford offer a parchment dash pad in 1969? I know I can do what I want but I like to keep visible cosmetic components color & style correct. If parchment is O.K. what other parts of the dash need to be painted parchment.
Thank you for taking the time to read my long email.
Tony aka FordFlyer

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
I don't believe there was a parchment or any light color pad avialable. As I recall, light colored pads have a nasty habit of reflecting badly in the windshield particularly on sunny days. If that is the case you may want to rethink your plan.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Had a 70 convertible that the PO had had the dash painted a metallic blue color. On a sunny day, it was a swine. First thing I did was paint it black. You'll hate a light color dash on sunny days!

·
Registered
9,888 Posts
Parchment was not a stock color in '69. The only color that was close would be white.

http://autocolorlibrary.com/cgi-bin/search/searchpic.pl?1969-ford-pg02.jpg

In a white interior the entire dash was black; pad, steel frame, side trims, etc. If you had the interior custom made with parchment vinyl, then I'd still stick with black for the fact that the reflection on the windshield would be horrendous.

If you want to see just how bad it is, paint a piece of plastic, metal, etc the color and gloss level you anticipate painting your dash. Stick it on the dashboard of your daily driver and go for a ride on a sunny day.....

1 - 4 of 4 Posts