Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've decided to change the color of my interior. I still love my turquoise/white, but there's just not the contrast I like to see between the interior and exterior. I've decided I want to go with a tan.

The dilemma is between 1965 Palomino and 1966 Parchment. (Since I'm getting away from the concourse correct thing, I can consider '65 upholstery.) The exterior will remain Tahoe Turquoise, and my carpet and dashpad will remain dark turquoise.

Which interior does everyone favor with my exterior color...Palomino with Aqua Trim or Parchment with Aqua Trim?

Thanks!

·
Administrator
19,444 Posts
I like Palomino much better than Parchment, which to me looks like a dirty white. Of course, I'm prejudiced, I'm putting a Palomino interior in my 68 fastback, which will have a Sapphire Blue exterior and Medium Blue interior. /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Banned
5,578 Posts
Gotta disagree with Laurie.... Parchment would look better with your exterior, IMO.

Steve

·
Registered
1,013 Posts
Parchment with Turquoise appointments (code D7) would be my choice....

G

·
0 Posts
I'd have to agree withn the parchment. Although the Palomino wouldn't look too bad either....(L)

·
Banned
1,565 Posts
Although I have 2 cars with palomino, and I love it as a classic mustang color, with turquoise I'd go with parchment. On my car, I'm basing my external color choice on the palomino because there are so few colors that will work well with it.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for all the replies so far everybody - keep 'em coming! And the reason for this choice in the first place is a photograph I took at a show 4 or 5 years ago. It's a beautiful 66 convert. Tahoe Turquoise with tan interior. They even added the thin c shaped pinstripe along the side in a matching tan - wow!

Problem is, in my photo the interior looks darker than parchment, but lighter than palomino! That's when I realized I have a choice.

I'm leaning towards parchment myself, as it looks like most of you are too. But palomino really has that leather look... Nah, parchment...unless...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts