Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for an interior dye to match my Tahoe Turquoise for my new kick panels. On CJPony, there are two different colors: Turquoise Metallic and Light Turquoise Metallic.

INTERIOR DYE 1964-1973 - CJ Pony Parts, Inc.

Which one is closes to Tahoe Turquoise? I am thinking the regular Turquoise Metallic but I'm not sure. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Tahoe Turquoise Poly. Ditzler #12745 was the exterior color. Interior utilized two colors Light Turquoise Poly. Ditzler #13025 and Medium Aqua Poly. Ditzler #12993 (the darker color on the dash pad and seat cushions). The kick panels should be the Light Turquoise.

·
Registered
9 Posts
You probably already ordered it, but better late than never... you can get both from Mustang Unlimited in rattle cans (lacquer). They call the lighter color by its right name.

Related Parts:
-Plastic Adhesion Promoter, # AP2322
-Vinyl Dye, Light Aqua # 641802

...which is what I think you need. Maybe the adhesion promoter as well. The darker color they called Turquoise (Aqua) and id it as for 1966... FYI

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
That looks awfully dark for the carpet, but if used sparingly it may work for a time. I have seen RIT Dye used on carpets before. I have a new carpet I bought at an incredible bargain I plan to install sometime. New carpet is more than it used to be, but still not unattainable. Have any more pics of your car?
IMG_20170517_214238.jpg

·
Registered
85 Posts
Pic is dark but it’s a perfect match for the original carpet that’s in my 66. I’ll take a pic of the 2 sections some time this week in the sun and show the before and after.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I never tried to redo the carpet color for my '66 in Tahoe Turquoise. I had already bought a new carpet along with the entire interior parts. I also found 2 suppliers for the correct color match in rattle can for the metal interior parts. The previous owner had gutted the interior with plans to redo everything in black and to repaint the exterior red.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
SeXy....

·
Registered
128 Posts
It looks like you got the darker blue carpet where I got the turquoise. The darker carpet matches the trim panels on the doors and seats on my interior.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts