Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at my mechanic's shop today paying the bill for Deja (which wasn't half as bad as I was expecting), and got a closer look at a nice '67 fastback that's in there for some work. It has the delux interior, but the thing that really caught my eye was that in addition to the lights in the doors, there were lights hidden up under the dash lighting up the floor when I opened the door. Is that stock, or someone's clever addition? Either way, I was impressed and want them in mine for the next time I fumble the keys and can't find them on the floormat.

Stephanie
'68 302/5sp Coupe
'95 GT Convertible

·
Registered
3,482 Posts
No need to look here, ther's nothing to read in the body of this post....

Tom Kubler, Long-time Mustang Enthusiast & San Antonio Mustang Club Founder

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have a 68 coupe and the interior was redone when i bought it but there were NO interior lights AT ALL.so i added some of my own. I added the same kind of bulb/socket setup for the dash in little pieces of Aluminum under the dash and wired it to the switch that goes on when you open the doors. then just for a new cool look i added a pair or 9 inch blue neon tubes screwed to the top of the kick panels and hooked them to a toggle switch. So i have the best of both worlds for under $65.

1968 Mustang Coupe - Daily driver
289, holley 600 carb, holley street dominator intake, petronix ignition, Accel Super Stock Coil, Tri-Y Headers, 2 1/4" 2 chamber Flowmasters, C4 and 2.79 rearend

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
That sounds trick. I'm definitly adding some lights to mine. It probably doesn't help that the lights that are there are currently out (I just went out in the dark and checked).

Stephanie
'68 302/5sp Coupe
'95 GT Convertible

·
Registered
3,486 Posts
Those lights are part of the deluxe interior. They attach to the dash under the glove box and under the instrument cluster. I have seen the correct ones for sale on eBay from time to time. Part #'s are LH, C0AZ 13763 A RH, C7ZZ 13763 A

68 GT500
68 1/2 CJ Coupe

MCA# 18519

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
My 67 only has the dome light. I've always been a little dissatisfied with the interior lighting. I bought a 65 harness with underdash lighting and am adding parts of the harness and the fixtures. I added an aftermarket console and mounted a dome light on the back for more rear seat lighting.

I've got some pics on my website.

[color:blue]
1967 Acapulco Blue coupe
302 4V, C4, 9" 3.25:1
Torq-Thrust "D" 225-60-14
1968 PDB, Corbeau
LeCarra, Alpine in-dash CD
http://www.geocities.com/mlnielsen_67/index.htm
WEBSITE UPDATED 3/25/01
</font color=blue>

1 - 6 of 6 Posts