Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,034 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My 65 has a white (with black) interior...well...it did :p I am kinda at a stand still on the welding till I can save up for more parts, and thought while I was waiting, I would get all the interior panels painted so when the time comes, they will be ready to go.(currently, the po has them refrigerator white :p) I have the correct paint code for the color, but was wondering if the paint should have a flattening agent added, or is the interior gloss? I know (from reading on here ;)) that black interiors are semi flat black krylon, but cant find anything on white..so...is it semi gloss..or gloss...or doesnt it really matter if this is going to be a restomod anyway?..thnx

Joe

·
Registered
2,596 Posts
Ford interiors were semigloss. All the big vendors (NPD comes to mind) sell pretty good copies of the factory colors in rattle cans.

·
Registered
1,963 Posts
If you're painting the interior black or white, do not use those lacquer paints from the resto houses. Just use Rustoleum or Krylon semi-gloss. That lacquer stuff coats terriby, runs, and is verrrry soft (scratch prone). Get twice as many cans as you think you'll need, all from the same lot. Better yet, ask the hardware store to sell you an unopened carton.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.