Vintage Mustang Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1966 Mustang GT Convertible
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, need help yet again.
My 66 GT has a two tone pony luxury interior.
I can't find where to get the correct interior color. The trim is code 62, blue and white luxury. I need the blue. It's like a light blue.
I bought paint from touchup direct but it's aqua...so not it.
Any help?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
NPD carries the paints you need. In '66 they had a Light Blue Metallic. You will have to cross reference it to your paint code.

·
Registered
41,557 Posts
The "blue" is "Medium Blue Poly", Ditzler/PPG #12989 in a 20% gloss. The paint you got was probably for the trim adjacent to the "crash pad" or padded dash area which was typically a slightly different shade from the metal or plastic "hard parts".

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
NPD is currently out of stock in the paint. Must be a supply issue as they are put of several colors at all 4 locations.

·
Premium Member
1966 GT 4spd
2,049 Posts
Font Material property Parallel Paper Document

Chris

Reactions: 66#3

·
Premium Member
1966 GT 4spd
2,049 Posts
Great chart, where did it come from?

I have seen other charts showing 62 used the light blue not the medium blue. Seems to be a lot of confusion on that color combo.
I actually found it on this site looking for codes for my blue interior. It was a post from 2015 or so I believe. I couldnt find what color my speaker grill was supposed to be and painted it dash color. That was WRONG. Found this and painted it medium blue listed in "Group 2" and that was it! :)

Dash Color
Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle Car

Medium Blue
Automotive tire Hood Stairs Motor vehicle Automotive design

Chris

·
Registered
7,557 Posts
I actually found it on this site looking for codes for my blue interior. It was a post from 2015 or so I believe. I couldnt find what color my speaker grill was supposed to be and painted it dash color. That was WRONG. Found this and painted it medium blue listed in "Group 2" and that was it! :)

Dash Color
View attachment 843012

Medium Blue
View attachment 843013

Chris
So the dash is light blue, and other parts are medium blue it seems. I remember seeing a table someone built on the concours Forum that indicates which piece gets which color.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Once you have the paint code take it to the local Auto paint store and have them mix it in PPG's bargain paint called Shopline. I use Shopline JB base coat, add One Choice SU4985 universal matting agent, and if it's vinyl I add Shopline JX993 flex additive 10%. The matting agent SU4985 is awesome! You can really tune the paint sheen with it. I did my 1969 Mustang interior in Royal Maroon JB basecoat with flex and matting agent.
Liquid Fluid Plastic bottle Gas Cylinder
Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Light
Motor vehicle Automotive design Bumper Trunk Luggage and bags

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1966 GT 4spd
2,049 Posts
So the dash is light blue, and other parts are medium blue it seems. I remember seeing a table someone built on the concours Forum that indicates which piece gets which color.
Yes, and the chart I posted explains what piece gets what color depending on your interior code.

Chris

1 - 13 of 13 Posts