Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have some plastic interior parts and some vinyl parts i know i can use vinyl dye on the vinyl but can i use vinyl dye on the plastic parts or what should i use ????
 
G

·
Guest
Joined
·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I used the regular interior paint for my plastic center console parts (the same kind you would use on the interior metal parts), and it came out great. There were a couple areas on the plastic that I repaired, which needed a touch of primer for the paint to stick well. The vinyl dye is probably too thin to use on those parts.

Matt Williams
67 coupe, 289
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
52 Posts
I know another poster siad to use the interior plastic paint, but I disagree. I was told by a longtime mustang parts supplier to use vinyl dye on a console i boght and it worked great. Use light coats and the pebble finish can still be seen. Good luck!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,365 Posts
I used regular paint and it didn't look as nice as I had hoped.

THE 90/90 RULE OF PROJECT SCHEDULES...
The first 90% of a project takes 90% of the time. The last 10% of the project takes the other 90%.
 
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Top