Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a few questions regarding the interior quarter trim panles for a 70 fastback. I am refering to the parts that have the small light attached to them. First, I tried replacing them with a reproduction cardboard panel. It seems as though the heat (I think) made the cardboard panel warp. They are no longer flat. Any ideas on how to prevent that from happening? Second, I believe the upper portion is pinched under the window W/S and the lower portion is held in by the trim panel......what happens along the area where it meets the headliner? I appreciate any help. Thank-you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I got the repos for mine and am very unhappy with them. I am going to make a set out of formica and cover them with the material. The formica will be thin enough to fit up under the rear window gasket as well as the quarter window windlace and should be flexible enough to have the proper contour when installed. Heat will have no effect on them. As far as where they meet the headliner, they simply overlap it a bit.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts