Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. Best adhesive to use to bond the carpet to the folddown sections (+ those two little pieces that bond to the lower front of the fastback panels)?

2. My new back-up light switch (original ford, manual trans) has a rubber grommet on the wires. My car was originally an automatic and there is no obvious "hole" in the floorpan that the wires go through. Was this drilled out on the original manual trans cars? If so, what is the location of the hole?

3. Is it normally necessary to trim the carpet (ACC) by the door opening (where the windlace and sill plate come together) or am I doing something wrong in lining it up?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
19,169 Posts
1. 3M General Trim Adhesive, in rattle can is what I used. Worked well.

2. Should be a hole to the rear and passenger side of the main tranny hump hole where the wires route through.

3. Probably.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
1. 3M spray cans works great (but remember to spray both sides that are going together).

3. Yes, I had to trim the new carpet around my doors. Just make sure you push the carpet down into the floorpan folds so you don't take too much. I bough this really cool tool from Sears for trimming--like a razor knife fitted into pliers--very sharp, easy to use, and perfect edges.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts