Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my 66 a few months ago and after taking care of some major technical problems (still a few left - will it ever end?), I feel I'd like to do something about its cosmetics.

It's not like it's in bad shape but it has absolutely no real character. There are some stupid things the guy before did to it and I'd like to change it.

I am confused because I don't have guide line of how I'd like it to look like. I know I like the vintage original look but I do like colors as well (mine is all black and plain) and I wonder where can I get some inspiration or more info about the different possibilities and costs.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Post a picture of your interior so we have a better idea of what you are working with. If you want an original look with color interior then you will need to change everything. Seat covers, carpet, door panels, headliner, dash, dashpad, armrests, visors, etc.

Check out this NPD link for some ideas of the original colors.

Upholstery

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Their site was a little slow tonight. They used to only have an interactive catalog but now they also have the standard method of clicking on categories. They are probably still working bugs out.

You will get some more answers about interior options. There are many, depending on how far from original you wish to go. I am currently working on intalling late model leather high back bucket seats in my '65 coupe. The passenger side adapted to the original tracks very easily, but the driver side power adjust assembly makes the seat sit quite high.

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Besides single items, I'm looking to see some complete restoration or catalogs where I can get a better idea on the whole picture.

·
Registered
9,104 Posts
Here is a list of the more common vendors that have been named on this forum:

National Parts Depot

Mustangs Unlimited

Virginia Classic Mustang

Dallas Mustang

CJ Pony Parts

You can order a catalog from any of these vendors or check out their websites. Search their names on this forum for feedback. I have heard the most complaints about CJ Pony Parts.

Looking through parts catalogs is much easier than clicking a bunch of links. It will give you a better idea of what is available from each vendor. Search Google images for "1966 mustang interior," "1966 mustang interior colors," or something similar.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts