Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a question i have a 1972 fastback and i want to change the whole interior color what should i use to paint all the rear quarter panels and plastic parts and what should i use to take the paint off

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
OK-Do your 1/4 panels have any paint on them already? If it is original (ie, not been repainted over the years) there won't be any paint on them, its the color of the plastic. What color are you going w/? I have a black interior and I swear by Krylon Satin Black Enamel. Some guys will tell you its too thick and will fill in the texture, well, it isn't and it won't, as long as you don't gob it on there. I use this stuff constantly; it leaves an excellent, very, very close to orginal (mine was interor was sunfaded though) finish.

-Jason

'72 Mach 1 || '90 Talon TSi AWD
http://nosaj122081.tripod.com/parade3.jpg
"Thats not a leak, my car's marking its territory!"
"If you've done it, it ain't braggin'." -Roy Rogers

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
they are original where can i get that at also is it hard to put a headliner in and what about vinyl dye whats good to use

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
I buy it by the gross [exageration mode off] at Wal-Mart, few bucks a can, and a can goes a long way. Never had to dye any vinyl (seats were shot, reupholstered those). Headliner, not hard, just GET ANOTHER SET OF HANDS TO HELP... I tried doing it alone once and it was a disaster, its definitely a 2 person job.

-Jason

'72 Mach 1 || '90 Talon TSi AWD
http://nosaj122081.tripod.com/parade3.jpg
"Thats not a leak, my car's marking its territory!"
"If you've done it, it ain't braggin'." -Roy Rogers

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
do the headliners come with directions and stuff like could i mess it up with two people even cuz i have a saddle color interior now and i want to change to all black so im starting in the back with the 1/4's will basically any interior paint work good on those

1 - 5 of 5 Posts