Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I will smoke you all with my Oc-48 resnet here at UC Davis... My best time on that site was 1,700 KBps. Yes, that is 1.7 megabytes per second. Hahahah. Eat it, cable modem wimps! /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
6,911 Posts
LOL, I love seeing college kids brag about their on campus network connection......

meanwhile, a couple of years down the road, they've moved on, living in an apartment, paying off anywhere from 50K to 200K worth of student loans, and trying to live with a dialup connection either because they cant get dsl/cable in their area or can't afford it!!!

sorry, couldnt resist!!

And yes, I have cable....it sucked when adelphia owned our network (theyve been in the news about financial instability lately..no wonder) but the current network owners upgraded to DOCSIS hardware and it only burps once in a blue moon!

·
Registered
771 Posts
i wasn bragging and i wasn lieing bout my speed i just did a test and it came around the same range it prob in inaccurate but still i was just saying and by the way i pay for my own dsl connection and im still in highschool so ......

G

·
0 Posts
i agree with you, living in a college town, everybody can't help but to brag about T1-T3 this...then 2 years later once they move off campus, you see them occasionally on AOL dialup, hehe. i myself am cruising along just fine with DSL

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Me too! I would have probably had a speed of 10 or 15 with my old dialup connection. It was pathetic of me to wait 5 mins for the VMF to load. I feel kinda sorry for those that still have too. Maybe we need a dialup connection support fund for people like Teebone /forums/images/icons/smile.gif

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
I'm barely going to have 10 grand in student loans when I receive my M.S. It pays being a 4.0 student all through high school and junior college. Haha. =P The 1480 SAT didn't hurt either.

Oh well, despair not... I'm sure I'll spend all my money after graduation on new Mustangs and such...

·
Registered
4,638 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, that one was a lot better! I got 3.3 megabites per sec. Very good when compared to others in my area.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts