Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
yeah my frickin' IE 6.0 goes straight to the page that was last viewed and isn't updated. for example, if i click on the 69-70 parts section in VMF, it shows the same page that was viewed the last time i was on the internet, but when i hit refresh, the same page opens but the page is updated with all the new posts since the last time i viewed that particular page. does the same with [censored] listings and also with my hotmail and yahoo mail. what can i do to keep this viewing currently?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
What OS version? If you upgraded to IE 6 you can back out of it. If it came with IE 6, you're stuck with it for the most part. You could always download Mozilla or one of the other non-stock browsers that actually work better. Less bells and whistles mind you. www.cnet.com www.downloads.com www.nonags.com and search for browsers.

·
Registered
8,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Win ME. it came with an older version and i upgraded to the new 6.0 recently. i would like to keep the 6.0 if possible. anyone know why it might be doing this? does cookies have anything to do with it?

·
Registered
1,390 Posts
Try Tools-> Internet Options-> Advanced -> scroll down to Browsing and make sure "Enable Page Transitions" is checked.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Try Tools-> Internet Options-> Settings (in Temporary Internet files) make sure "Every Visit to the page" is checked.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts