Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,866 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Guys,

Recently my ISP has offer ed to double our speed from 75 mbps to 150 for $7 more. How much or would I even notice a difference and in what areas?? I know very little abut this. FWIW, we have a voip phone, the Daughter watches Netflix/Disney and we have the internet on all the time for email and Facebook. I do notice some buffering when we watch stuff on an Android box. Thoughts??

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
If you're streaming or downloading stuff, you'll notice it. If you're just doing email, not at all.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I'm an IT prof and agree with hawkeye. 150mb is about what you need for a comfortable connection in your situation. Unless you have $ to burn or are overly concerned with internet speed like I am I'd stay at 150

·
Registered
17 Posts
Leefred,
As much as I despise recommending verison to anyone, their 5g home internet wireless service sounds like it would benefit you. Not sure if they expanded to AZ yet but from my understanding they are expanding their zones crazy fast and will be their soon if not already. 5g is almost comparable to fiber speeds btw

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Problem with 5G is there is hardly anything that can use it. Very few phones are 5G compatible right now, and the ones that are are ridiculously expensive.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts