Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone, I've had some great advice given on this forum so I thought I'd formally introduce myself and show some pics of the rides...I've owned nothing but Fords for a while and the 66 I have now is one of my dream cars and my first classic. Before this I had a 2001 Turbo GT that put down 585 rwhp/695 rw tq, and a 97 Cobra that was blown and put down 509 rwhp/499 rwtq...Looking forward to learning a lot about these sexy machines and meeting some cool people!!!

Here's the 66 with the old 289 before the crank went.

The new roller 302

·
Registered
517 Posts
Nice car!

like the camaro to along with the beer in the truck :)

·
Registered
174 Posts
That is one sweet 66 and love the cherry red.. and well... this is an awesome forums for great people and a great place to find out info on issues.. that's for sure..

·
Registered
462 Posts
Welcome. You will find great people and great information here. Great looking Steed you have there.

·
Beach Bum
5,694 Posts
Welcome to VMF. Nice Mustang you have there.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Very nice... and welcome. You won't find a friendlier, and more knowledgable group out there.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys, ,everyone has been awesome in helping me get this car back together. Dropping the new motor in today hope she's running by tonight!!

Thanks for all the compliments too!!!

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Nice car!

like the camaro to along with the beer in the truck :)
That's my buddy's car there (the camaro). He is building a 70's style street machine with it. Big 427 with 12:1 compression. It's gonna be nasty, he runs a restoration shop though which has helped me greatly in my rebuild...

BTW anyone now why the bolts for the pressure plate (into flywheel) in an 88 302 HO are different than those in a 66 289??? I tried to reuse my bolts and they started crossthreading!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts