Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We'll I arrived at IOLA at 6:15 am yesterday, a two minute walk to the gate and it's powershopping time!!!!! Since that gate opened at 6:00, and most of the swappers were not up yet, I cuised over to the featured exhibits (Model A this year) then I viewed the trailer queens, then off to the swap area, found a nice set of 1970 ford manuals at a good $ (to replaced my tattered ones), the I found a real nice set of splash shields for my headlight buckets for a steal! (I now have one right splash shield for sale!).
Then I found a new shirt for Ethan, smallest size was 12 months bit it had a 66 Red FB with plates that read "giddyup" on top it said Born2Cruz with Running Mustangs in the background on the bottom it read "pedal to the metal", so I knew my son really needed this shirt even though he'll have to grow into it!!! (And no, no one had bought him any Mustang apperal before dad did!)
After that I was still in search of rear seat belts for my car, but to no avail, though I do have some leads! At 8:30 I met my friend Bill to unload his 64 Falcon "Beat the Heat" Race car, then we proceeded to the Car Corrall to see if we could find him a 65-67 Fairlane and a 69 Mach for my friend Jack! Lot's of 65-68's 2 69's 2 70's and a handful of 71-73's but nothing what we were looking for. Then we came upon a 66 Pony that the owner SHOULD BE SHOT FOR!!! He added tail fins on the back, and up front he extended the hood to accompy a grill from a 74 AMC Matador, talk about butt ugly! He should have been shot, worse yet, he actually expects someone to buy this?
Well now it's back to the swap meet, still looking for seat belts, but did find a trailer (1:24 scale) to add to my diecast collection) on sale at the Hemmings tent for $6.00.
Time is counting down since I need to return home in time for our neighborhood block party! It's 11:45 and I still have about 1/4 of the swap meet spaces to go!!! ( I need to leave at noon!) Called SWMBO for a Mommy and Ethan update, she told me to take a little more time, so I am crusiing. At 12:15 I had completed the following: saw all of the car corrall, saw 75% of the trailer queens, 60% of the other show cars, and 96% of the swap vendors!!!!!!! Woo Hoo a good day all done with in 6 hours!!!! Got Parts and realted for good $$$ a new shirt for my son, can't wait till we can go together!!!!!!!! A Great day indeed!
Jeff
JDiehl
70 76B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Sounds like a great time Jeff.
Maybe next year you can show the car!!!

·
Registered
137 Posts
Did that pony have the fake portholes on the side also?? Saw that on Friday. Surely the most butt ugly pony I have ever seen.

When I pulled in the lot on Friday, a 65 Convertible parked off of my left rear. He said it was 100% original paint and everything else. Best part is he won it in a raffle. Cost him $18 for the tickets. Water food and admission was more than that for me. When I returned to the car, he had left the top down!!! He must have a inch of dust in there now!!!!!!

·
Registered
781 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not sure about the portholes... when I saw that car I almost barfed that someone could do that to a Mustang in good conscience!!!!!!!! He must have been mindless!!!!!!!
JDiehl
70 76B Convert 351 C4v w/a shaker!!!!!!!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts