Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just realized that I have a set of front calipers and spindles for a '65 mustang sitting in my garage. They were from a '65 that purchased and I just tossed all the parts that came with the car in a box and forgot about it. The calipers look REALLY rough. The spindles look really rough except where it attaches the rotor, it is still shiny.

I was at Autozone.com and noticed that they had "loaded front calipers" that have been rebuilt for $144 plus a core fee of $114. Will the stripped calipers be enough to satisfy the core fee and is this a fair price for rebuilt calipers??

Thanks,
Ron

·
Registered
651 Posts
That's a good price. Are they original 65 that have been rebuilt? I just bought completly rebuilt 65 calipers from Brake and equipment warehouse in Mpls Complete for 198.00. My cores had to match the calipers I was buying.

I know the core charge was 150.00 if I didn't have cores.
Tom

·
Registered
1,255 Posts
Sounds like a very good price. IME, parts houses don't even look at the cores. I've exchanged wrong cores to get the part I needed and even pointed it out to them. As long as your cores is rebuidable, there shouldn't be a problem.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts