Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
An acquaintance found out I was rebuilding a Mustang. He offered me a complete 289 with C-4 bolted to it that came out of a project car of his. It was running when he took it out to put in his big block. It has Edelbrock four barrel, Edelbrock manifold (unknown model #'s on both), Edelbrock valve covers, flex-blade fan, etc. I don't know the age of any of this stuff, not that it matters.

Basically, it is complete and he is asking $300. Is this fair? too much? As I am already planning my next Mustang project, I am interested if it's a good deal.

Looking forward to your responses.

Mark

·
Registered
340 Posts
If that motor is complete and running and the tranny is good, I would say $300 is a great deal myself. I know I would buy it if I needed it and the offer came my way. Kalin

·
Registered
2,457 Posts
That is a great deal. I sold a c-4 that needed to be rebuilt (seals leaked) for $150 which was not a bad deal for the buyer. The intake and carb will fetch you another $150 or so on D-Bay if you want to sell them.

·
Registered
637 Posts
Hell, it's a good deal if the stuff needs to be rebuilt! I would check to see that the motor turns over and isn't slightyly froze up just from sitting. Would still be worth it even if it was, but I'm guessing you might be inclined just to bolt the stuff in and go.

·
Registered
422 Posts
That is an excellent deal. Jump on it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts