Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
3,143 Posts
At $16-20k I will take ten, Seriously, nothing is that cheap anymore. 3 years ago yes. 67 Fastback show cars were 25-30k, Now 10-20k more. Project cars are 20k

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
the transporter plates would turn me off right away, i'm guessing he's a flipper and knows nothing but what the po told him.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Just my opinion.... course but H E double hockey sticks NO. If 70 up is your thing that’s another matter. But they are not as valuable as 65 - 69. 35k will buy you a jaw dropping 60’s coupe.
Look at Hemmings and even Craig’s for comparisons. For 10k I found a rust free base 68 Coupe with good paint last year locally on CL. Came with a rebuilt 302 motor (plus a never bored out matching 289) and rebuilt C4, new front suspension. But I had to assemble the driveline myself. Separately before that I almost bought a 67’ that was complete & running for 15k that just needed optinal TLC.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Wow. Lot's of responses in here. I'm really only interested in fastbacks if going the classic route. Also looking at the Datsun. If I get a modern mustang I'm saving up for a gt350R. I really don't need a car since I live in the city and not having any damn kids lol.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
For 35K you can get a really nice '07-'10 Shelby, with change. For decent cars from private sellers, check out Mustang Times (which is the magazine of the Mustang Club of America, which you really should join if you want to buy a Mustang).
Really not a fan of the body and for only 10k more can get a gt350

·
Super Moderator
9,571 Posts
That's simply a nice looking 302-2V sportsroof with some stickers.

I'd place it somewhere between a #3 and a #2 car, so $16K~$20K - depending upon inspection.

Given the "transporter" plates, I'd bet it's a flip car with some newly applied stripes.

^^^^^
This
Sportsroof with stickers,.....

·
Registered
639 Posts
If someone knows where I can find a running, complete/solid ‘65-‘70 fastback for $16-20k, I’d love to know. Junk is $10-15k any more.

·
Registered
35,229 Posts
Yep, not a "clone", or even a tribute. Just an F code with BOSS stripes.

This is a clone. The only part of it that's not BOSS 302 is the VIN. I've seen real bosses that weren't this meticulous. He could have had a real BOSS for less, but he'd had this car for decades, and always dreamed it was a BOSS.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi! I'm new here and looking to buy my first and (maybe) only car. I've had a full time job for a year in a big city making decent bucks and would like a weekend car for getaways. I found this mustang that I really like but Hagerty disagrees with the price. Thought I'd hit you all up first to see.

:p7IAAOSwdkNeBQqS[/URL]

Any advice?

edit: I spoke to the seller and he seemed pretty firm in his pricing. Screenshot attached.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Boss 302 isn't a name, it's a engine. And that car doesn't have one, it doesn't even have a fabricated Boss, they made no attempt to make it a Boss. It is a insult to any car buff. And no common Mustang is worth $35000 dollars.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi! I'm new here and looking to buy my first and (maybe) only car. I've had a full time job for a year in a big city making decent bucks and would like a weekend car for getaways. I found this mustang that I really like but Hagerty disagrees with the price. Thought I'd hit you all up first to see.

Any advice?

edit: I spoke to the seller and he seemed pretty firm in his pricing. Screenshot attached.
[/QUOTE

Hi
Some words of advice, never buy a car from photos, if your serious, look at it in person and even maybe take someone with you who has some Mustang knowledge. I got really excited about a car in another state, photos looked great, I had a bank cheque ready and when I drove it all the issues including major mechanical issues came to the forefront. If I hadn’t done my due diligence, I would have parted with 40k and probably spent another 10 k on it to get it right...thank god I looked at in person. Regards Stanga

41 - 55 of 55 Posts