Vintage Mustang Forums banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 98 Posts

·
Registered
4,956 Posts
I would like to believe there is more to it then that one post. Some times you just need a break from some of the stupid crap that gets posted on forums. Just look at the dyno day thread for a good example of stupidity. Hopefully he will come back on as he is very helpful on this forum.

·
Registered
10,015 Posts
That would be a major bummer. Maybe bartl was having a bad day.

I can relate to his frustrations. On the VMF Facebook page, I try to politely help people who post things like, "Where can I get a free 408 stroker to drop into my '66 six-cylinder coupe? The frame rails are rusted out and the front brakes don't work, but I'm going to worry about that later".

·
Registered
173 Posts
There is no doubt that forum ediquate can be frustrating, even infuriating. It's annoying to ask a question and get 10 responses about why it's a dumb idea. And...more often than not fact gets substituted for opinion. Bartl, for what it's worth I'll take you back buddy!

·
Registered
6,048 Posts
Bartl was/is an absolute asset to this forum to contradict all the stupid bullsh*t that morons toss out there. He's probably sitting back reading this thread and smiling as his ears begin to get warm! lol

Attachments

·
Registered
875 Posts
Without the knowledgeable members like bartl (they are quite a few others) this forum will end up being just another average forum. It's these core guys who have 'been there done that' that makes this forum the best vintage Mustang related one out there.

Here are a couple of pointers for the masses (myself included):

-Use the 'Search' feature as most questions have been asked numerous times.

-If you post a question and get a response from someone that have over 5K posts, maybe listen to them and thank them. Quite ironic when the OP begins to argue with the gurus. Maybe don't post the question if you don't want to hear the answer???

Just my two bits for what it's worth.

68Hildago...

·
Registered
964 Posts
I for one have learned a lot from him just reading his post without ever asking a question. Come on back Bartl, I'm sure you just need a cool down period. I thank you for posting your knowledge.

·
Registered
2,358 Posts
Nah,say it ain't so...........:frown2:..........old new englanders got tougher skin than that ........maybe its the summer heat starting to get to everyone, seems there have been a lot of infighting posts going on lately that develop over how one or another interprets comments or responses..

·
Registered
467 Posts
I certainly hope not. The things he knows, and the information he shares with us simpletons, simply amazes me. There are a lot of helpful people here, but loosing him would be a loss to us all.

Reactions: drock

·
Registered
5,126 Posts
Was everyone in that thread on their man period? Maybe I have thicker skin but I didn't see anything to get that upset about by anyone.

·
Registered
439 Posts
You can always count on guys like bartl (and PetesPonies, zray, GypsyR ) to give sound, experience based, advice. You know that you are not just getting someone's opinion. Sure, they can come across a little bit gruff,(It's hard to listen to people asking about stereo systems or exhaust when they don't even know if their brakes work properly!) but that is a small price to pay for the wealth of knowledge that they, the core members, bring. I hope bartl comes back. This is a better forum because of him.

P

·
0 Posts
If everyone was just "fun loving" like myself, we would all be in a better place !! LMFAO !!!

Time for one of these again :)

·
Registered
7,065 Posts
Geez, I'm away from this forum for one day and come back to this? So, who "P....'d" of one of our most valuable assets?

·
Registered
495 Posts
Bartl is literally
The most intelligent man on vintage mustangs I know

·
Registered
1,597 Posts
Without a doubt Bartl has helped me a ton with my car. Between him, 22gt and a handful of others i would of sold my mustang a long time ago. The knowledge they pass on in here is amazing. Please note that sometimes people are having a bad day or frustrated about their car and dont like to hear the truth. I have been there myself.

Hope he returns.

1 - 20 of 98 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.