Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has CJ Pony closed due to the virus? I have an order with them that hasn't been shipped yet, and their online chat says 'away'. I ordered several parts over a week ago, and a few days ago, when I contacted them, they said they would be shipped early April ? because of the virus slowing things up.

·
Registered
190 Posts
John's in Houston is closed. I had steering wheel hub parts from CJ Pony that were on major back order I realized they were made in china So I found a place who had em...

·
Registered
926 Posts
CJP may be an online parts supplier but they still need people to pull the parts off the shelf, package them and get them into the system. Standard shipping normally takes a week to 10 days (not counting weekends) depending origin and destination. An old adage: "If you need a part today, you should have ordered it yesterday.".

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
I'm waiting for an order to arrive. Supposed to be here by the 30th. I'll check in either when it arrives or on the 30th if it doesn't. Last I heard, it was shipped.
Their site did say that not all of their locations were running fully staffed, but the items I ordered were in stock and on their way.
I've never had a bad experience with them.

·
Registered
10,287 Posts
You can always call them..............

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
You can always call them..............
On my order (that I referred to earlier) they had the delivery address wrong. Seems my zip code was connected to a town in a different state with the same name in their database. I called and spoke with a nice lady who straightened things out. Soon after I got the shipment confirmation with the correct delivery address.
Again, never had a problem with CJ.

·
Registered
653 Posts
If I remember correctly, they sent me an email last week stating that they would be open, but that they didn't want people grouping around inside, instead just wait in their cars and come in when the coast is clear or hang out in a far part of the showroom until the desk is clear of the current customer.
I would think that online and phone orders would continue as usual, until further notice.

·
Registered
232 Posts
Hey @Billet-Brain do you have an update? Sometimes CJPP shows available inventory as extended inventory [not in stock yet].

NPD all day everyday.

·
Registered
37 Posts
I placed an order with CJ Pony on tuesday that is scheduled to be delivered today, so i'm assuming it is open. I'm in the Bay Area and the parts came from their Vegas warehouse.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Yes we are open!! We are facing a lot of the same challenges as everyone else and are doing the best we can right now. Many employees are working from home but we still have people pulling and shipping orders as fast as possible. Many vendors are not open for business currently and we are updating backorders as quickly as we can. Thank you for your business!! If you have any questions I can be reached at [email protected]

·
Registered
778 Posts
I made a small order last Friday 3/20, one item delivered Monday and the second delivered Friday 3/27, no issues.

I will note that UPS delivery is faster than normal, I have been getting items in 2 days lately that would normally be 4 or so and this is with all vendors.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
Update... my parts showed up today... 3 days early.
Thumbs up for CJ once again for me.

Reactions: ophthos

·
Registered
182 Posts
At the rate CJPP is sending me email I sure hope they are open. Lately I get more than one email per day from them. Finally had to unsubscribed.

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
At the rate CJPP is sending me email I sure hope they are open. Lately I get more than one email per day from them. Finally had to unsubscribed.
Well, from a business standpoint, they're looking for more business. I have to unsubscribe every time I order something... but that's the same with just about every supplier.
When ordering, as you check out, there's usually a checkbox that will automatically subscribe you to receive their emails... no matter who you buy from. Un-chek the box.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Yes we are open!! We are facing a lot of the same challenges as everyone else and are doing the best we can right now. Many employees are working from home but we still have people pulling and shipping orders as fast as possible. Many vendors are not open for business currently and we are updating backorders as quickly as we can. Thank you for your business!! If you have any questions I can be reached at [email protected]
Nice work Bill..
I have to admit, I read your message in your voice!

Was hoping you'd added your catch phrase.. "And you'll be back on the road in no time!"

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
547 Posts
Yes we are open!! ... Thank you for your business!! If you have any questions I can be reached at [email protected]
Props to CJ & Bill for replying on the forums. That means a lot to me as a forum reader and customer of classic mustang parts. I watch to see what companies have a presence and always put them on the short list of sources when it's time to buy parts.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts