Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ebay Seller.

OK, I know there are a lot of hard to find parts that are getting top dollar, but lets have a reality check.
$500 for a set of NOS upper control arms :horror:
$2500 for a set of NOS '69 front fenders?????
$550 for a '67 tilt column that looks like crap. :jawdrop:

And, is still considered a NOS part if it was installed and then removed a year later? "NOS" '70 rear quarter for $1500.

It just looks to as if someone is on a sucker hunt. :sniping:

·
Registered
5,323 Posts
Really. Put down the crack pipe. $250 for a freakin' hinge. Better come with a lap dance with extras...

·
Registered
2,129 Posts
What is sad is... the problem is NOT the sellers, it's the buyers, and the fact there are people willing to spend that...so the sellers are only trying to get what they are worth based on the history of the stupid buyers. :wall:

·
Registered
343 Posts
As a man said once "It's worth whatever you can convince someone to pay". Having said that I'd have to say this guy's off the deep end and judging by the number of bids everyone else thinks so too. Where I'm from any part you have to cut off a car is a used part.
Rich

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
Most of the items are "Buy it now" prices. Some seem ridiculous, some seem not too bad. Verndog said it right...some people are willing to spend stupid $$$ to get these parts. Someone paid $145 for an NOS glovebox (cardboard) for a 65-66 Mustang on E-bay recently. I personally would'nt pay that, but someone who needed to have an NOS one did. The more NOS stuff I buy (for what I consider to be ridiculous prices) just seems to get nuttier as time goes on. I guess you just have to deal with it to get the stuff you need...(or want). :biggrin:

·
Registered
4,165 Posts
how about the neon clock for $150.----he says down below that he paid $300. for it!! wow

·
Registered
Current cars include 1969 Mach 1 and 1970 Cougar XR7 convertible
8,638 Posts
Kind of like NOS toilet paper, used only once!!

·
Registered
466 Posts
The only way to get reasonable prices is if no one pays the big money. Unfortunately, there is usually a fool to pay it. "A fool and his money are soon parted!"

·
Registered
1967 Mustang GT fastback
4,019 Posts
It's a fact that a rising tide raises all ships; the sad part of it is it's these people who pay &*$$#)(@ TOP dollar for parts that are NOS that's raising that tide. These people need a check-up from the neck up!!! :pissed: All they do is make everyone else (the rest of us) victims to their quest for that elusive NOS item. By the way - notice that once in a while some parts labelled NOS sometimes seem to NOT come with an original Ford NOS box? Hmmmmm :naive: Maybe that's another subject there.
Anyways, let's keep prices down, get good and consistent quality repro parts (like parts that actually FIT the first time....) and keep this hobby enjoyable. We're not restoring 1960's Lamborghini's, for pete's sake!! ::

·
Registered
623 Posts
Pretty simple really....if you need it and really want it to be NOS you will pay anything to have it. They aren't making them anymore.....and it will only get worse as time goes by. There are people out there that don't even own the cars but buy the NOS parts as commodities to trade or possibly sell down the road. Some reproduction parts are very good...some aren't. Have you tried to buy some NOS roof rail weatherstrip for a 66 lately...the ones with the correct vertical pieces?? They are pretty much unobtanium. And so it goes...unless the hobby crashes I'm gonna be really glad I got just about all the NOS rubber to redo my whole car....except the trunk piece....and they have been going for about $175+ lately...god its hard to cough that much up :jawdrop:. Merry Christmas.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts