Ok, i posted a week or so ago about my ignition problems. took the underdash/underhood alt wiring out of the car and when i put it back in the car, the key will not activate the ignition. when bumping the motor over via the starter relay, it gets really hot and smokes within seconds. As midlife said, there must be alot of amps going through it. Someone suggested taking a voltmeter to the relay to see if it is getting 12 Volts. i am not sure which is which to get 12 volts so i did all of them and hopefully someone on here knows. When checking the post (+) that has the battery cable going to it and the Ignition smaller post, there is approximately 8 volts. + post to Starter post approx 13 volts. Starter post to Ignition post approx 5 volts. + post to - post approx 13 volts. 5 volts between - and Ignition post. No volts between - and Starter post. let me know if it sounds right.