Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,659 Posts
I remember that, one of the things that sold me on roller perches. Seems like at one time I had to twist the perches over with a pair of vice grips clamped to them to get the shock studs to line up with the holes. No such thing with roller perches.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I remember that, one of the things that sold me on roller perches. Seems like at one time I had to twist the perches over with a pair of vice grips clamped to them to get the shock studs to line up with the holes. No such thing with roller perches.
It's not so much to line them up but to keep it flush with the bottom of the shock. The outer bolt can't even be put on unless I tilt the perch. Is this what you're describing?

·
Registered
861 Posts
Car should be under weight (not on jack stands), bolt bottom then top.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I just did the roller perch conversion. Kit was $40 and it took an hour or two to install. Definately smoother action. Can only improve handling.

·
Just some guy
67 coupe, 69 Sportsroof, 86 hatchback
20,659 Posts
Been a while back, but yes, that is exactly what I meant. I remember being worried about bending a shock stud before getting enough threads on the other to start the nut. No doubt it goes better with the car's weight on the wheels, but I always mess with the shocks when it's jacked up.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Been a while back, but yes, that is exactly what I meant. I remember being worried about bending a shock stud before getting enough threads on the other to start the nut. No doubt it goes better with the car's weight on the wheels, but I always mess with the shocks when it's jacked up.
Sweet, thanks. Now I worry about those bolts spinning above the coil. May tack them on if they give me trouble. We'll see.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts