Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 20 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I posted a question regarding updates on the suspension of my 68 Mustang Coupe and now I thought I would ask if anyone knows who produces suspension parts the are really 100% made in the USA ? Like the rubber bushings and the fabricated or pressed steel uppers and lowers and even the bolts. I would love to spend my money even if it's a little more to buy American and not buy outsources parts. Anyone know ?
Thanks

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well I called NPD and was ask can you please hold and before I got a word out of my mouth the jackass put me on hold. I waited and waited as a matter of fact I went ahead and called CJ Pony Parts to ask them about American Made and their answering machine put me on hold and then a message came on that said the hold time is 45 mins. I 'm not kidding it really did. I bailed out on both calls now and I'm not spending my money with either of them. I think that kind of service is just crap.

·
Registered
5,205 Posts
Whaaaaaa!:cry:
Send an email.

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
If you aren’t going to deal with either of those vendors you’ve seriously limited your choices particularly with the quality of parts NPD offers.

Most of the restoration parts are made offshore. If you’re trying to restore a car using US only reproduction parts you probably will never be able to finish the project.

·
Premium Member
885 Posts
NPD is probably the best source of products and service your gonna find. I might suggest treading lightly if you decide to broadcast your attitude on the forum. A better bet might be to contact @69bossnine on this forum via PM. He will answer your questions directly... oh yea, he also owns the place.

·
Super Moderator
9,765 Posts
Be sure to thank Rick after he straightens this out.

·
Super Moderator
9,765 Posts
Well I called NPD and was ask can you please hold and before I got a word out of my mouth the jackass put me on hold. I waited and waited as a matter of fact I went ahead and called CJ Pony Parts to ask them about American Made and their answering machine put me on hold and then a message came on that said the hold time is 45 mins. I 'm not kidding it really did. I bailed out on both calls now and I'm not spending my money with either of them. I think that kind of service is just crap.
So no matter how busy they are, when you call they should drop everything and everyone else to wait on you?!

I’m sure they’re just busy, haven’t you ever been in the same position,..... I for one certainly have.

Regardless, Rick will take care of you!

·
Registered
9,090 Posts
I posted a question regarding updates on the suspension of my 68 Mustang Coupe and now I thought I would ask if anyone knows who produces suspension parts the are really 100% made in the USA ? Like the rubber bushings and the fabricated or pressed steel uppers and lowers and even the bolts. I would love to spend my money even if it's a little more to buy American and not buy outsources parts. Anyone know ?
Thanks
That's a pretty wide-open question. I do know some of the answers. In general, none of the stock stuff is made in the USA. The only exception would be
Moog . There's a pretty good chance that their products are still made here for the vintage Mustang applications. They have long ago amortized their
machinery, so provided that the raw material can be had at a decent price, all they have in it is labor to run the equipment..... there's no real reason to
outsource. They have been known to source their steering stuff from outside of the US- and yet I've seen the Mustang apps Made In USA still today.
Go figure.

High performance aftermarket suspension stuff is largely made in the USA. (as in Global West, Street or Track, Mike Maier, etc.)

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
NPD is probably the best source of products and service your gonna find. I might suggest treading lightly if you decide to broadcast your attitude on the forum. A better bet might be to contact @69bossnine on this forum via PM. He will answer your questions directly... oh yea, he also owns the place.
I was just stating exactly what occurred. Yes I suppose saying " Jackass " might have been harsh so please forgive me for portraying my attitude there. I can see that my real point has been lost though in saying how these two companies handle customer service regarding phone calls. I will continue the pursuit of seeing who really has restoration parts or upgrade parts that are made in the USA. I will take the advice of emailing for the answer.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
So no matter how busy they are, when you call they should drop everything and everyone else to wait on you?!

I’m sure they’re just busy, haven’t you ever been in the same position,..... I for one certainly have.

Regardless, Rick will take care of you!
I never said they should drop everything. Why are you injecting your attitude into something I never said? Again I simply stated how they respond to calls.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
If you aren’t going to deal with either of those vendors you’ve seriously limited your choices particularly with the quality of parts NPD offers.

Most of the restoration parts are made offshore. If you’re trying to restore a car using US only reproduction parts you probably will never be able to finish the project.
I bet you are very correct.

·
Hi, how ya doin
2,151 Posts
Would you rather NPD not answer the phone when they are on another line?. They answer the phone & say please hold & when they are done with the call they are on go to the next one in line.

·
Super Moderator
9,765 Posts
You called and were upset that they “asked” if they could put you on hold,.....

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
You called and were upset that they “asked” if they could put you on hold,.....
No what was aggravating was the manner in which they did it. I was never even allowed to say anything even like thanks I'll call back or whatever. Maybe it's nothing but again I was pointing out exactly how they handled the call.

·
Super Moderator
9,765 Posts
Haven’t you ever been so busy that’s it all you can do to just answer one of the Many ringing lines and be as polite as possible while asking if you could put someone on hold?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
That's a pretty wide-open question. I do know some of the answers. In general, none of the stock stuff is made in the USA. The only exception would be
Moog . There's a pretty good chance that their products are still made here for the vintage Mustang applications. They have long ago amortized their
machinery, so provided that the raw material can be had at a decent price, all they have in it is labor to run the equipment..... there's no real reason to
outsource. They have been known to source their steering stuff from outside of the US- and yet I've seen the Mustang apps Made In USA still today.
Go figure.

High performance aftermarket suspension stuff is largely made in the USA. (as in Global West, Street or Track, Mike Maier, etc.)

ex-Global West GM
1991-1995
You know Moog was a company that came to mind. I recall being in one of their plants in Mississippi I believe it was and they were producing front end components. I think they have good products.

·
Registered
9,727 Posts
Thanks
Moog parts have the greatest chance of being USA made. You'll also want to skip the "R" series parts they offer, as those are guaranteed to be imports. Some items are just not economically viable to produce in the US anymore, unless you get into specialty and military grade items.

1 - 20 of 95 Posts