Vintage Mustang Forums banner

21 - 40 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Haven’t you ever been so busy that’s it all you can do to just answer one of the Many ringing lines and be as polite as possible while asking if you could put someone on hold?
You are correct I handled it all wrong. I will bow to your logic in this matter and keep my observations to myself. Good day to you sir.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Amazing! I'd rather have a person answer the phone and tell/ask me if they can put me on hold. (It's pretty much standard business practice for businesses that are busy and take care of their customers. ) Also shows they are not just sitting there waiting for someone to call because their business practices put customers off. But then I don't think/feel that the world revolves around me. I'd rather have a person answer and do that then have a auto answer bot. By the way both NPD and CJPP (I know the owners) won't go belly up without your patronage.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Many businesses are limited in the number of employees they can have on site and are doing their best with fewer staff. I wouldn’t let this one experience color your opinion of NPD. They are well respected here at VMF and great friends to the hobby. Have a glass of a nice bourbon and call them back on Monday. Good luck!

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
Amazing! I'd rather have a person answer the phone and tell/ask me if they can put me on hold. (It's pretty much standard business practice for businesses that are busy and take care of their customers. ) Also shows they are not just sitting there waiting for someone to call because their business practices put customers off. But then I don't think/feel that the world revolves around me. I'd rather have a person answer and do that then have a auto answer bot. By the way both NPD and CJPP (I know the owners) won't go belly up without your patronage.
I don't know what you mean belly up without my patronage ? Belly up what ?

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Many businesses are limited in the number of employees they can have on site and are doing their best with fewer staff. I wouldn’t let this one experience color your opinion of NPD. They are well respected here at VMF and great friends to the hobby. Have a glass of a nice bourbon and call them back on Monday. Good luck!
Yes good point.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Also NPD they might as well have a voice recording since they give you no time to say ok or I'll call back or anything. I made that point earlier. At least with CJ Pony there's nothing rude about it you just get the automated answer and then tell you how long you may have to wait.

·
Registered
82 Posts
No disrespect intended.....You are running into this reaction because the owner of NPD @69bossnine (Rick) is a member on this board and regularly contributes. He also takes a lot of time out of his busy schedule to help people on this board resolve issues with parts or with the company. He will personally go out of his way to make sure any issue is resolved to the customers satisfaction. Not assign one of his workers to do it. Many on this board would call him a friend. If you do some searching of past posts you will find there is very little negative to be found about NPD. They offer some of, if not the best customer service in the vintage car industry. Search for CJPP as well and see what people feel about them..

Maybe the person that answered was a little quick to put you on hold, I'm sure Rick will look into it given the opportunity.
You can buy from whoever you like but if you dismiss NPD you will be dismissing one of your best sources for parts and information you have available to you IMO.

As other have stated, you re going to find a lot of the repop suspension parts to be imports and as you have found MOOG is a likely source of USA parts.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
[/QUOTE]
No disrespect intended.....You are running into this reaction because the owner of NPD @69bossnine (Rick) is a member on this board and regularly contributes. He also takes a lot of time out of his busy schedule to help people on this board resolve issues with parts or with the company. He will personally go out of his way to make sure any issue is resolved to the customers satisfaction. Not assign one of his workers to do it. Many on this board would call him a friend. If you do some searching of past posts you will find there is very little negative to be found about NPD. They offer some of, if not the best customer service in the vintage car industry. Search for CJPP as well and see what people feel about them..

Maybe the person that answered was a little quick to put you on hold, I'm sure Rick will look into it given the opportunity.
You can buy from whoever you like but if you dismiss NPD you will be dismissing one of your best sources for parts and information you have available to you IMO.

As other have stated, you re going to find a lot of the repop suspension parts to be imports and as you have found MOOG is a likely source of USA parts.
I imagine it wasn't Rick that answered the phone when I called. If it were my business then I might just pickup a phone from some unknown number and call my customer service line and see what I get. I bet Rick wouldn't think that was a very professional response if he got the same treatment that I got. It has been and interesting process to find American Made auto parts.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
So you called CJs
Have you ever placed an order with them. Did your part get to you in 2 days.
I doubt it.

Reactions: rpm

·
Premium Member
3,984 Posts
If MOOG isn't gonna do it for ya, you can always pay the premium for NOS Ford, IF you can find it.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
Well I called NPD and was ask can you please hold and before I got a word out of my mouth the jackass put me on hold. I waited and waited as a matter of fact I went ahead and called CJ Pony Parts to ask them about American Made and their answering machine put me on hold and then a message came on that said the hold time is 45 mins. I 'm not kidding it really did. I bailed out on both calls now and I'm not spending my money with either of them. I think that kind of service is just crap.
The reality is if there are more calls than they can handle you get put on hold. I’ve been at NPD many times and the phones are literally ringing off the hooks. They answer them then ask them to hold while they finish with the current customer. No one like to be put on hold, but would you rather they just let it ring?

Reactions: Israel

·
Registered
2,336 Posts
It’s slang for going out of business.

You’re this tweaked about how you were put on hold? Times are tough, people are frustrated but is this really something to spend a lot of energy on? It’s a lot of energy and effort for a minor transgression that I’d bet dollars to donuts was unintended.

·
Registered
5,955 Posts
I love these threads and since it's late, I'm a bit mellowed, relaxed and in such a good mood, I'll contribute.

There is one jackass on this thread and it happens to be OP. Get the F over yourself and get in line. Can't be put on hold because why? You're better than the person on hold in front of you? GTFOH...

Allen

Just saying what the mods can't say and trust me, I know Israel, he would be happy to say it too!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I love these threads and since it's late, I'm a bit mellowed, relaxed and in such a good mood, I'll contribute.

There is one jackass on this thread and it happens to be OP. Get the F over yourself and get in line. Can't be put on hold because why? You're better than the person on hold in front of you? GTFOH...

Allen

Just saying what the mods can't say and trust me, I know Israel, he would be happy to say it too!

·
Premium Member
1966 Mustang Hardtop 289 4 Speed
5,880 Posts
Well I called NPD and was ask can you please hold and before I got a word out of my mouth the jackass put me on hold. I waited and waited as a matter of fact I went ahead and called CJ Pony Parts to ask them about American Made and their answering machine put me on hold and then a message came on that said the hold time is 45 mins. I 'm not kidding it really did. I bailed out on both calls now and I'm not spending my money with either of them. I think that kind of service is just crap.
The fact of the matter is they are swamped right now just like many other businesses, mostly due to covid projects. Rick has said so himself. We just finished having a small deck built on our house, trying buying some quality pressure treated lumber right now. It's just a reflection of the current situation and it affects all of us. A couple of days ago I tried calling the Michigan store since I live in Canada. I somehow got put through to the Florida store, then got transferred to the California store. I could tell by the sound of their voices they were swamped BUT one thing, they were very helpful. If you choose to misinterpret that one instance of customer service, you will miss out on one of the best suppliers of classic car parts on the market.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #38
So you called CJs
I doubt it.
So you called CJs
I doubt it.
Brother you are right, heck they tell you up front that it might take forever to get what you need.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
If MOOG isn't gonna do it for ya, you can always pay the premium for NOS Ford, IF you can find it.
You are correct, Moog I think does make quality parts and from time to time I see where people do find NOS pieces also I have seen where ebay can be a source for used parts that still work. If I were a company that has American made parts I would be touting it to the heavens in this day and time. Plus if I were getting much of my products from China then I'd just say nothing I guess.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
The reality is if there are more calls than they can handle you get put on hold. I’ve been at NPD many times and the phones are literally ringing off the hooks. They answer them then ask them to hold while they finish with the current customer. No one like to be put on hold, but would you rather they just let it ring?
There's many ways to answer a phone and put a person on hold, as I said they didn't even give you a chance to say ok or I'll call back or anything. That's what was so rude regarding how the call was answered.

21 - 40 of 95 Posts