Vintage Mustang Forums banner

41 - 60 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
It’s slang for going out of business.

You’re this tweaked about how you were put on hold? Times are tough, people are frustrated but is this really something to spend a lot of energy on? It’s a lot of energy and effort for a minor transgression that I’d bet dollars to donuts was unintended.
Could be you are entirely right.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #42
I love these threads and since it's late, I'm a bit mellowed, relaxed and in such a good mood, I'll contribute.

There is one jackass on this thread and it happens to be OP. Get the F over yourself and get in line. Can't be put on hold because why? You're better than the person on hold in front of you? GTFOH...

Allen

Just saying what the mods can't say and trust me, I know Israel, he would be happy to say it too!
??

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Amazing! I'd rather have a person answer the phone and tell/ask me if they can put me on hold. (It's pretty much standard business practice for businesses that are busy and take care of their customers. ) Also shows they are not just sitting there waiting for someone to call because their business practices put customers off. But then I don't think/feel that the world revolves around me. I'd rather have a person answer and do that then have a auto answer bot. By the way both NPD and CJPP (I know the owners) won't go belly up without your patronage.
You are very correct about the going belly up. My money means zero to them I'm sure.

·
Registered
1,923 Posts
Thanks to all for a thoroughly entertaining Saturday afternoon read. Amazing to me, generally speaking, these type of "slam" threads are usually started by a member with less than 100 posts (and I might add no location information is in their profile).

Use the forum search function and get a real feel for the two vendors you mentioned in your OP. Hopefully you'll understand why there is so much forum support of NPD and CJJP, not so much.

Wish I would have seen this last night when I was also relaxed ( @Turnall ;) ), my response would probably have been in the same vein.

That is all, carry on........

John

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
In discussions like this quite often the commenters exceed their ability to communicate without turning to obscenities or name calling or like children using abbreviations of obscenities. My only point was to find if a person could spend their money on American made products which I prefer to do if I can. I made the mistake of calling out the customer service of NPD and apparently many people on here are fond of them and not so much of CJ Pony.

·
Registered
5,953 Posts
Well I called NPD and was ask can you please hold and before I got a word out of my mouth the jackass put me on hold.
In discussions like this quite often the commenters exceed their ability to communicate without turning to obscenities or name calling or like children using abbreviations of obscenities.
You started the name calling, I was merely following suit...

Yes, most are fond of NPD and for good reason, their customer service is exceptional.

Allen

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
You started the name calling, I was merely following suit...

Yes, most are fond of NPD and for good reason, their customer service is exceptional.

Allen
Really ? Who on this forum did I call a name. You are just guilty of your own actions.

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
In discussions like this quite often the commenters exceed their ability to communicate without turning to obscenities or name calling or like children using abbreviations of obscenities. My only point was to find if a person could spend their money on American made products which I prefer to do if I can. I made the mistake of calling out the customer service of NPD and apparently many people on here are fond of them and not so much of CJ Pony.
Your very first post started with name calling.......

Now imagine you’re being helped by an employee of NPD, the phone rings, he/she answers it and starts helping the other person, disrupting your transaction. My guess is you’d still be blasting them on the forum for this behavior. It seems like a no win for NPD, with you. Some people can’t be pleased. I’d just be happy to still have a job!

·
Registered
5,849 Posts
Really ? Who on this forum did I call a name. You are just guilty of your own actions.
Sorry, it was your third post.
Well I called NPD and was ask can you please hold and before I got a word out of my mouth the jackass put me on hold. I waited and waited as a matter of fact I went ahead and called CJ Pony Parts to ask them about American Made and their answering machine put me on hold and then a message came on that said the hold time is 45 mins. I 'm not kidding it really did. I bailed out on both calls now and I'm not spending my money with either of them. I think that kind of service is just crap.

·
Registered
5,213 Posts
There's many ways to answer a phone and put a person on hold, as I said they didn't even give you a chance to say ok or I'll call back or anything. That's what was so rude regarding how the call was answered.
I understand, they should have handled it better. It wasn’t putting you on hold that was style problem. I5 was te abrupt way they did it. Let’s hope he was just worn out at the end of the day and not standard practice. I have literally watched them put at 100 folks on hold opere my many visits to the NPD mothership in Ocala. They do it quick, but it never appeared rude to me. I will say that on 1 trip I dropped a $2 part while leaving. They found it at the end of the day and actually took the time to look at all the sales that day to determine I was the only who bought that and called me. You don’t find that kind of customer service often anymore.

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
I'm the same way, the first response is why?. Then reality has to take over and realize these folks (It be O'reilly, Auto Zone, Walmart our Doctor office) have to make a profit. The bottom line is make or break in business.
I've been put on hold in all mentioned, when it gets to long, I simple hang up, call later. All most always NPD puts me on hold, Damn it, put speaker on, continue another task, answer when they respond, no big deal.
Some of us do have a short fuse, I think OP did, then our folks on forum entertained him with the fact we kinda protect our members who overextend themselves to help others.

·
Registered
36 Posts
While it might not be reassuring in the method you were placed on hold, I think we all need to stop as consumers and think about what's happening on the other end of the phone. As others have pointed out, lots of people are doing restorations and or scooping up parts to fix their vehicles. We as consumers need to be aware that many people of different abilities and knowledge levels are calling places such as NPD. When someone of lesser knowledge or experience calls and ties up a finite amount of employees, or the calls exceed the employee staffing at the time, it can lead to higher than normal wait times. We need to remember the person on the other line is just trying to earn a living and likely is doing cross duty work, such as attending will call, helping with shipping, and other capacities within the company. Are there companies where people don't care and just want to receive a paycheck? Absolutely, look no further than most Autozone employees(not all). This is due to company culture.

Some people may ask, "well why doesn't NPD higher more employees?!?!" The answer is simple. NPD is competing with CJ Pony Parts and the likes, and hiring more employees means the cost of their salaries is passed on to you, the consumer. I can guarantee you any business is doing that cost benefit analysis. There is only so much margin in a part where overhead begins to erode your profit and make it not sustainable to do business, especially in this day in age where it is a constant race to the bottom. I'm sure the owner of NPD knows exactly what that means. As a consumer you do have choices, but it does seem reasonable to take the above into consideration. Another thing that is challenging for an automotive company, is finding qualified employees. Sounds easy, but you could never begin to understand how hard it is with the current generations that are working. COVID19 and their related safety policies have also made it much more difficult to efficiently process orders because of the protocols that need to be followed.

·
Registered
3,999 Posts
I love these threads and since it's late, I'm a bit mellowed, relaxed and in such a good mood, I'll contribute.

There is one jackass on this thread and it happens to be OP. Get the F over yourself and get in line. Can't be put on hold because why? You're better than the person on hold in front of you? GTFOH...

Allen

Just saying what the mods can't say and trust me, I know Israel, he would be happy to say it too!
We can all be that guy. But I generally don't defend my hastily posted comments upon reflection.

·
Spammer Hammer
9,661 Posts
ALCON, I am in conversation with this member regarding his status here. I understand and appreciate everyone’s support for Rick and NPD. He/they are a tremendous asset to all of us. I am certain Rick appreciates all of us having his back just the same. Let’s all refrain from the bickering and he said she said and move forward with the general topic of the thread.

I am trying to educate the member of the vast amount useful information and all of the wonderful members of the site. If this thread disappears we will all know it just wasn’t meant to be.

·
Premium Member
3,984 Posts
I just drove over a hundred miles one way to pick up a washing machine that was in stock, a no frills, no computer, top-loader made in the USA by Whirlpool because all of the computerized and front loading washing machines on the market are absolute junk and I wanted something made in America, and they are in such high demand right now that all of the stores in my region will be out of them for weeks while more are made.
U. S. A. !!!

I have said it before, and I'll say it again, I prefer to use original pieces, restored nice used pieces and NOS when available to keep my Mustang as original and as American as possible. If it's not available, I'll wait or use what I have to until the best becomes available. Virginia Classic Mustang, Mustangs Unlimited (for a time) and certainly NPD have helped me do that. And I am grateful. If I call NPD and get put on hold, that's a sign business is good, participation is healthy, and I can look forward to more cars passing by, roaring around the track, lining the show fields, and appearing on VMF with new and existing members. I can wait my turn for the next guy to find out if he needs phosphate and oil or zinc plating for build date such and such... without calling anybody names. I'll save those words for the PoS home appliance I'm mad at.

Reactions: Redneckgearhead

·
Registered
79 Posts
Rick must have seen this post, I had to call NPD this morning to check on an order. customer Service answer the call" This is NPD may I put you on hold" me "yes" Service "Thank you". was on hold for about 30 min and my cell disconnected. I call back same thing and this time he also tells me there is only one call in front of me and again ended with a thank you. 10 min. later he answers all my question. Good service, polite and friendly. Will work with again.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
That is exactly what I would expect a good business man to do, see or hear of a issue and make corrections. It only makes good business sense to be polite and try to keep your customers happy. The whole reason for the question was to find can this hobby support American made products through buying form the American companies that produce them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
ALCON, I am in conversation with this member regarding his status here. I understand and appreciate everyone’s support for Rick and NPD. He/they are a tremendous asset to all of us. I am certain Rick appreciates all of us having his back just the same. Let’s all refrain from the bickering and he said she said and move forward with the general topic of the thread.

I am trying to educate the member of the vast amount useful information and all of the wonderful members of the site. If this thread disappears we will all know it just wasn’t meant to be.
Which member are you saying you are in contact with regarding their status ?

41 - 60 of 95 Posts