Vintage Mustang Forums banner

81 - 95 of 95 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Taiwan is not friggin' China.. The two countries, and the quality that comes out of them, and the ethics/principles that are followed, could not be more polar-opposite. Taiwan is far more similar to the U.S., in being a capitalist democratic free society. And the quality differences that I see between reproductions made in Taiwan compared to reproductions made in China are substantial.
Rick
NPD
Tell our figgin' government that! While we don't officially recognize Taiwan, It has gotten a little better the last few years, we kiss China's a$$ all day every day! Sorry, had too vent. The SD or plain white box Taiwan stuff from NPD is usually really good!

·
Super Moderator
10,010 Posts
Be sure to thank Rick after he straightens this out.
Not that Rick will lose sleep over it, but I guess he’s not getting any type of acknowledgment on actually taking the time to Personally reply to a disgruntled shopper,.....

·
Registered
5,353 Posts
Not that Rick will lose sleep over it, but I guess he’s not getting any type of acknowledgment on actually taking the time to Personally reply to a disgruntled shopper,.....
I'd just as soon email. Ive sent a few questions to NPD and although someone else replies I see that he is CC in all the email chains, so if I get really mad....

·
Registered
17 Posts
I posted a question regarding updates on the suspension of my 68 Mustang Coupe and now I thought I would ask if anyone knows who produces suspension parts the are really 100% made in the USA ? Like the rubber bushings and the fabricated or pressed steel uppers and lowers and even the bolts. I would love to spend my money even if it's a little more to buy American and not buy outsources parts. Anyone know ?
Thanks
Most all after market car parts are made over seas. Reason being it is cheaper. If made in the USA the cost would be extreme. Especially items that cost a lot to manufacture. Everything we live and breath with these days come from China. They are the largest importer of goods to US. Now we do house inventory here in US once the parts are completed, just to have them on hand when someone orders.

Usually if the product does not say Made In USA, or at least advertised that it is made in US. It is not. If we oversee the assembly of the products, we do most often get a higher quality product. That's about it... Other than don't pop the bubble wrap!

·
Registered
72 Posts
Yeah I was looking at some of my Craftsman tools today and most all of them have USA stamped on them. Some of the newer ones don't. The reason being I was looking for an allan head socket set and came across SK and they wanted 140 dollars. They are made in Pennsylvania. Then I looked at Snap-on and discovered that they were partially owned by Harbor Freight and Harbor Freight is owned by Amazon!

·
Super Moderator
10,010 Posts

·
Vendor
3,862 Posts
Keep in mind that much of what we buy as "Made in USA", has a certain percentage of components that came from offshore. I don't know the allowable percentages off the top of my head, because it probably varies by industry/category, but point being... Often times, Made in USA is melting-pot.. Which in a funny way, is perfectly appropriate LOL..

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
Keep in mind that much of what we buy as "Made in USA", has a certain percentage of components that came from offshore. I don't know the allowable percentages off the top of my head, because it probably varies by industry/category, but point being... Often times, Made in USA is melting-pot.. Which in a funny way, is perfectly appropriate LOL..
OP (and others) ,Most all my working career has had me in a position to answer phones and when you are busy sometimes it gets to a point where you just don`t have the time to wait for an answer to the "can you hold please" question. If I had a nickel for every time I needed to put someone on hold and they start in on some rambling story I would never have to work another day in my life. Sometimes you just push the hold button and carry on.

·
Registered
3,710 Posts
It is a fact, the products we have as choices today is mostly a world, wide, China product, or Taiwan issue. These products have improved a great deal over the pass 20/30 ears with US involvement.
So of there are parts that are assembled, pieces being attached, etc here in US. SO? is this a US made piece?
WE tell folks regularly about our 4 piston calipers by BW brakes in Kansas City. Yes US made calipers. The castings my come from Fenco Canada, from a Taiwan/china/?? supplier. The piston from US, the seals from a foreign source, machined, assembled in Kansas City. We then call them US Made.
Quite honestly do not know if this is a true statement to folks or not?
Wish all was made here by our people, but most don't know how to actually work any more, want a government check delivered monthly.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
It is a fact, the products we have as choices today is mostly a world, wide, China product, or Taiwan issue. These products have improved a great deal over the pass 20/30 ears with US involvement.
So of there are parts that are assembled, pieces being attached, etc here in US. SO? is this a US made piece?
WE tell folks regularly about our 4 piston calipers by BW brakes in Kansas City. Yes US made calipers. The castings my come from Fenco Canada, from a Taiwan/china/?? supplier. The piston from US, the seals from a foreign source, machined, assembled in Kansas City. We then call them US Made.
Quite honestly do not know if this is a true statement to folks or not?
Wish all was made here by our people, but most don't know how to actually work any more, want a government check delivered monthly.
Technically that is assembled in the US from globally sourced components. Canada seems to consider anything coming through their ports Canadian made.

81 - 95 of 95 Posts