Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just tried to call the shop where my Mustang has been since December. The line has been disconnected. I can't seem to get an answer from the phone company on what has happened.

I talked to Bob on Thursday, we discussed the good possibility that he would complete my car this week, and deliver it to my house on Friday. Now today no telephone.....

·
Registered
366 Posts
Whoa, that is kinda scary. I would be knocking down someone's door. For your sake, I hope he just forget to pay his phone bill.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I reached him by email, he claims this happens everytime it rains. In any case things are on course for a Friday delivery.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Must have Verizon - rain = no phone service........

·
Gone but never forgetten
25,239 Posts
I think I'd be paying him a surprise visit tomorrow. Ask SacBill what can happen when a Mustang restoration shop's phone number gets disconnected! ::

We had a local shop go belly up, basically in the middle of the night. There were several people with their cars in his shop that went through hell getting their cars back. SacBill had his engine, transmission, and all the associated bolts in his shop at the time, and barely got them back. His car had been in the guy's shop just a week prior to the guy disappearing (he was arrested).

It's probably nothing, but I got to see what a nightmare something like this can cause.

·
Registered
4,080 Posts
Just to clarify John's point, the guy who owned the shop was arrested, not me.... :eek:

Having been through this, my suggestion would be that you go there or have someone you know go there and take a look at the status of the work. Does it look ready to go on Friday?

Also, hold him to that Friday date...give him a grace day or two, but tell him that if it's not out of there on Wednesday, you'll be there with a flatbed tow truck on Thursday to pick it up. That's the only way I really found out what happened to the car I left at the shop that went out of business AND kept it from being locked behind closed doors, seized, or sold out from under me.

·
Registered
4,415 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
All is well, I reached him via cell phone late this evening. The phone lines at his store always act up when it rains. A freind of mine will stop by on Tuesday to make sure all is OK.

I feel much better after talking to him.

·
Registered
1,466 Posts
This same thing happened to me last winter. The guys just sort of got lost for a couple of weeks. Turned out that they got involved cleaning out an old wearhouse for the free scrap. I'll bet these three guys spent a total of 500 hours collecting old junk and reselling it, just to raise money for pizza. Sort of odd, but I suppose everyone needs a break. I hope it all works out for you.

jim

1 - 13 of 13 Posts