Vintage Mustang Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey i was just courious the stock color for my 64.5 coupe is guardsmen blue with blue interior. My question is how does the guradsmen blue look is it nice? (mines so faded i can't tell) also if i stick with the guardsmen blue (which i probably will unless im told its ugly) will it look good with blue interior? or should i change it to black?

thank you cause im reall tryin to figure out my color scheme, thanx

64.5 Coupe
260 V-8

Even got the good ol' generator

And the first hood ornament ive ever seen on a mustang

·
Premium Member
3,428 Posts
Use the search, recent poster asked same thing. response has pictures of gaurdsmen blue. Personally i like it. Check it out.

1966 Red Conv (200)
1966 White Pony Int.(289)A Code
1966 Coupe (289) C Code
MCA 36048

·
Registered
2,944 Posts
I really like the guardsman blue. I was actually thinking of changing mine to it from Vintage Burgandy. Somone(ejimbo,I think) here on the forum has a pic of their guardsman blue fastback in their sig. Never been real crazy about the plain blue int. but the blue & white pony int. is great.

Josh
64 1/2 Coupe

jpony645 on Yahoo IM
MKSU1DR on AOL IM
http://jpony645.tripod.com/left_frt_small.jpg

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanx im definately gonna keep the guardsman blue, now im just worried about my interior because i agree i dont think i like the plain blue int. and i dont have the money to convert to pony so im thinkin black int. only thing is i'd have to have my dash and everything on the inside painted black. Im gettin it painted this summer but would i be charged more to have the exterior painted guardsman blue and the interior painted black or is it the same price?

thanx again

64.5 Coupe
260 V-8

G

·
0 Posts
I'd personally stick with the blue interior. More interesting. Everyone has a black interior! (including me, but mine came that way!)

Michelle (aka Mustang Shelly)
1968 GT 390 Fastback
http://mich_pc.boltpages.com/sitebuildercontent/sitebuilderpictures/lefbacsmall.jpg

G

·
0 Posts
I'm from the school of "originality". Restore your mustang to the original setup. You're just fortunate to have a really sharp original color. I also agree that the blue on blue is different.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
I'm with everyone else, Guardsman Blue is a good looking color. It's a deeper blue than the silver blue metalic (check here to see my previous '65 FB's SBM color: http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/3573/bummer.jpg)

I thought the plain blue interior looked okay.

Black interior seems to get hotter than blue but that may have been a perception thing with me.

Regards,

Dean T

Shikatta Ga Nai - "It cannot be helped"

·
Registered
241 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ok, thanx, does anyone have any pics of blue int. so i can see what it looks like?, also, i do like to be different so maybe i'll stick w/ blue, but does anyone have any pics i could see?

thanx

64.5 Coupe
260 V-8

1 - 10 of 10 Posts