Vintage Mustang Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!
  • May's Ride of the Month contest ended with a tie! Go to this thread to vote on the winner! VOTE HERE

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
how much would it cost for me to swap my 289 for a 352 f.e. big block and how much extra performance would i get out of it verses my 289. and would it really be worth all the trouble and expense, if its expensive at all(keep in mind i would be doing it all myself eith the sufficent tools of course)

·
Registered
2,159 Posts
hi guy if your going to do a swap opt for a 351 winsor it will fit in the engine compartment with minor modifacations

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
even if you did all the work, i believe that the thing that will kill you are finding 352 specific parts for your car...it is in the big block family, and those parts are harder to find

College Station, TX

·
Registered
1,598 Posts
If you go for the swap let me know. I know where a 352 engine and such parts are. Good luck either way.

'67 A-Code Coupe
'68 C-Code Coupe (SWMBO's)
'86 SVO 1D
'86 SVO 2A
[email][email protected] [/Email]

·
Registered
514 Posts
Go 351w. The 352 is a passenger car boat anchor. You'll spend a fortune on FE big block parts and you'll end up with a nose-heavy and slow car with a lot of torque. For a lot less money you can build a killer Windsor which they actually still make parts for.

DISCLAIMER; Please FE owners don't take this as a slam. Nothing gets my blood boiling like a 427 with webers or a cammer, but for us mere mortals small blocks or windsors are the best way to go for lots o' performance per dollar and ease of maintenance.

http://216.71.48.244/archive/mikecar.jpg

65 Fastback 289 4spd in storage :-(
91 CRX Si... A.K.A. my go-kart with AC!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts